Open Enrollment for School Choice is Open!
Summary: Will your child be 5 by August 31? Will your family be new residents of Seattle? Looking for dates for school tours?
Enroll at Seattle Public Schools for 2024-25
Open Enrollment and School Choice
By registering early, families and students have access to lots of benefits. One benefit is families can participate in Open Enrollment and the School Choice Process.
Each student in Seattle Public Schools is assigned to a school based on where that student lives. Students may apply to attend a different school through the School Choice Process. Open Enrollment and School Choice begins on February 1. Read more about Open Enrollment for School Choice.
Attendance Area Maps
Seattle Public Schools assigns students based on the address where their primary residence is located. Click the Address Lookup tool below to see which school your student would be assigned to according to your address.
Please visit our Enrollment Planning webpage for Attendance Area Maps.
Key enrollment dates
- January 2 New registrations for 2024-25 school year begins.
- January 27 Seattle Public Schools Admissions Fair
- February 1 – February 29 Open Enrollment School Choice priority applications will be accepted (tiebreakers apply).
- March 1 – May 31 School Choice late applications will be accepted (NOT eligible for tiebreakers).
- April Open Enrollment results will be available online.
- June 3 – August 31 Non-resident applications will be accepted.
- August 31 Waitlists for the 2024-25 school year will dissolve.
- September 4 First day of school for 2024-25 school year
Registration for New Students
New Student Registration began Jan. 2, 2024 for the 2024-25 school year. All registration is completed online.
Have Questions? We can help. Visit us at the John Stanford Center, 2445 3rd Ave S, Seattle, 98134. Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Language assistance in Spanish, Oromo, Chinese, Vietnamese, Amharic, and Somali is available.
Many schools offer school tours and open houses. See a list of dates and times for tours for new students.View school tours
Register New Students
Items you will need to register new students
- Parent or guardian photo ID
- Child’s passport or birth certificate
- Two (2) proofs of home address dated within past eight (8) weeks
- Child’s immunization (shots) record
New Student Registration is open for next school year. All registration is completed online.Enroll my student
Why Enroll Early?
Early registration for kindergarten starts a connection to your school community.
You will meet other families and learn about:
- School activities and events
- Before and after-school programs
- Drop off and pickup schedules
- Free and reduced-price meals
- Tutoring and enrichment activities
- Schools can prepare better for new students when they know in advance who has registered.
Students living in Seattle are guaranteed an assignment based on their address or at the school best able to serve their needs. Read more about location of student services and programs such as multilingual students and students who need special education services.
School Tours and Open House Events
Admissions Fair and Seattle Public Schools Open House
Saturday, Jan. 27, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
School and district department staff will be available to answer questions about their unique school and programs! You can also learn about the Open Enrollment and School Choice process. Learn more!
Many schools offer virtual school tours and open houses in the winter and spring.
If you do not see the school you are interested in below, please contact the school office for more information.
Dates and time are subject to change. Please check with the school office to confirm dates and times.
Fast Facts about Seattle Schools
Grades offered: Preschool – 12th Grade
1 to 1 Technology for K-12 students.
Our teachers have an average of 11 years of teaching experience.
Nearly 80% of Seattle voters said YES to continuing the recent school levies.
Our students and families come to Seattle from 159 countries and speak 150 languages and dialects.
Neighborhood Schools and Open Enrollment for School Choice
While most students attend their neighborhood school, families are welcome to apply for one of our 22 option schools. SPS offers a variety of programs and services to meet a range of student needs, including multilingual and special education services.
104 Schools: Our schools include neighborhood, option, and service schools.
- 18 high schools
- 12 middle schools
- 11 K-8 schools
- 63 elementary schools