Change of Address
Have you moved?
If you have recently moved it is important to update your address with Seattle Public Schools. If you do not update your address with the Admissions department, it may result in your student(s) being dropped at the end of the school year.
Changes to our Superintendent Procedures for Student Assignment. Revisions Approved by the School Board Effective for the 22-23 School Year.
- Students who move out of their school’s attendance area may now remain at the current school to the highest grade offered. Assignment will not change upon processing change of address form unless families request to be reassigned to their new boundary school.
- Resident students who move out of the district may remain at the current school to the highest grade offered (as long as a Choice Transfer Request form is submitted prior to the start of the following school year).
Will my Student Change Schools?
With the new 2022-23 policy revisions above, students may change school assignments or stay at their current school through the highest grade offered. In general, students may remain at their current assignment if they move outside of their Elementary, middle, and high school students are assigned to a designated attendance but within Seattle Public Schools through the highest grade offered. Otherwise, they may change to their new Elementary, middle, and high school students are assigned to a designated attendance upon submitting their new address change information for this school year or starting next school year.
In all cases, reassignments are subject to any special education services a student may require in the event the special services provided currently is not available at that school the following year. Detailed move rules are available in the Superintendents Procedures for Student Assignment 3130 SP. Visit the policy and procedure webpage to read the procedure; Move Rules Chart
Change of Address
Please use the form below to change your address with the district.
Process to update your address:
- Open the Address Change Form Document in your preferred language linked below.
- Add your information to the PDF and save.
- Submit your completed form in the online form below.
Report a False Address
We take many steps to ensure that our enrollment system is fair for all families. If you believe that a family has used an address other than the student’s place of residence to unfairly gain admittance to a school, please contact our office.
Seattle Public Schools Service Center
Seattle Public Schools
PO Box 34165
Seattle, WA 98124-1165