Distributing Information to Students and Schools
School Flyer Distribution
Approval process and distribution of materials for Seattle Public Schools (SPS) by community partners and outside organizations.
Active SPS Flyers
View all SPS flyers:
View flyers by school:
June 2022, SPS launched a tool called Peachjar to share district and community flyers. Families will receive an email from Peachjar with approved flyers. A Peachjar button is also displayed on each school website to view all active flyers.
Families can opt-out of this digital flyer distribution by selecting the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each Peachjar email. You can also update your Peachjar account preferences at any time.
No action is required to begin receiving this communication. Peachjar is used exclusively for the distribution of SPS-approved flyers only. Your email address will not be shared or used for any other purpose.
Learn more about managing your communication preferences and updating your contact information with Seattle Public Schools.
For Community-Based Organizations
Official school-parent organizations, other nonprofit organizations, and governmental entities may submit information about activities for students in the form of a digital flyer for possible distribution through the the PeachJar flyer board and email. Any information distributed must meet district standards and be approved by SPS in accordance to the Superintendent Procedure 4060SP.
Dissemination of the information does not reflect the district’s endorsement or sponsorship of the activity.
Criteria for Approval
To be considered for distribution, the flyer must:
- Be from an official school-parent organization, other nonprofit organization, or governmental entity.
- Be screened for the appropriateness of its content.
- Support the educational mission of the district and directly benefit the students or be of intrinsic value to the students.
- Comply with district policies and procedures and state/government laws and regulations.
- Not incite students to commit unlawful acts, violate school or district policies, procedures and rules, or disrupt the orderly operation of the schools.
- Not directly conflict with district programs or negatively impact district enrollment (Example: flyers for programs that conflict with the district school year or for schools outside of Seattle Public Schools).
- Not imply the school district’s endorsement of any identified organization, product, service, event, or information.
- Not contain language that is intimidating, demeaning, harassing, or threatening on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital or veteran status, including, but not limited to racial, sexual, or ethnic slurs.
- Not contain language or content proselytizing or disparaging religion.
- Not promote any particular political interest, candidate, party, or ballot measure.
- Not be lewd, obscene, vulgar, and/or defamatory.
- Not advertise, sell or promote a product or commercial enterprise.
- Not promote the use or sale of materials or services that are illegal or inconsistent with the educational mission of the district.
Distributing Information to Students and Schools
Distributing information to students, families, and school communities are governed by the following SPS policies and procedures.
- Advertising and Commercial Activities (4237)
- Advertising and Commercial Activities Procedure (4237SP)
- Distribution of Information (4060)
- Distribution of Information Procedure (4060SP)
- Community organizations register on Peachjar.com
- Go to ‘Send & Post Flyer’ to submit your flyer for approval
- Please note: Flyers should be submitted at least one week in advance of the date you would like to receive approval.
- Non-profit organization sending flyers for the first time must provide 501(c)(3)
- See ‘Deals’ on your account for pricing options
- After a flyer has been submitted, it will be automatically sent to SPS staff to review the material and approve or deny the flyer.
- Flyer approval takes place on Thursdays.
- Once approved, the flyer will be emailed to families and posted online to the designated school websites.
Peachjar charges a fee for this service. The cost is typically less than the cost to copy and deliver paper flyers to each school. More information about pricing can be found on the Peachjar website.
Peachjar will waive its service fees for programs, events, and resources when students will benefit directly from the offer, and there is no goal to have the family sign up for a paid service or program (membership fees, cost for additional classes or camps). To receive the waived service fees a community organization must contact Peachjar to make the request.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 858-997-2117 with questions.