Distributing Information to Students and Schools
School Flyer Distribution
Approval process and distribution of materials for Seattle Public Schools (SPS) by community partners and outside organizations.
Active SPS Flyers
View all SPS flyers:
View flyers by school:
June 2022, SPS launched a tool called Peachjar to share district and community flyers. Families will receive an email from Peachjar with approved flyers. A Peachjar button is also displayed on each school website to view all active flyers.
Families can opt-out of this digital flyer distribution by selecting the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each Peachjar email. You can also update your Peachjar account preferences at any time.
No action is required to begin receiving this communication. Peachjar is used exclusively for the distribution of SPS-approved flyers only. Your email address will not be shared or used for any other purpose.
Learn more about managing your communication preferences and updating your contact information with Seattle Public Schools.
For Community-Based Organizations
SPS is committed to encouraging community involvement in schools. It is our desire to permit the distribution of information about non-profit, education-related community programs, services, and events to our community.
All community organizations seeking permission to distribute materials to SPS schools must meet the following requirements.
- Qualify as a non-profit, charitable, or civic organization;
- Meet approval criteria listed below; and
- Submit materials to be reviewed by SPS staff through the Peachjar tool. Paper flyers from community organizations will not be distributed to SPS schools.
Criteria for Approval
All materials must be approved by SPS.
The submitting organization:
- Should be a registered non-profit organization or community group (first time distributors must provide 501(c)(3)).
- Should be currently conducting business within the boundaries of Seattle Public Schools.
All flyers must follow the following criteria.
- Support the educational mission of the district and directly benefit the students or be of intrinsic value to the students.
- Should not discriminate against, attack, or denigrate any group on account of gender, race, age, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability, or other unlawful consideration.
- Should not advertise, sell or promote a product.
- Should comply with district policies and state/government laws and regulations.
- Should not promote the use or sale of materials or services that are illegal or inconsistent with school objectives, including, but not limited to, materials or advertisements for tobacco, intoxicants, movies, or products unsuitable for children.
- Should not be lewd, obscene, libelous, or slanderous.
- Should not incite students to commit unlawful acts, violate school rules, or disrupt the orderly operation of the schools.
- Should not promote any particular political interest, candidate, party, or ballot measure, unless the candidates or advocates from all sides are provided the opportunity to present their views to the students during school hours or scheduled events.
- Should not be religious in nature. Flyers should not attempt to convert someone from one religion, belief, or opinion to another, nor advocate or promote a belief or course of action.
- Should not imply the school district’s endorsement of any identified product or service.
Distributing Information to Students and Schools
Distributing information to students, families, and school communities are governed by the following SPS policies and procedures.
- Advertising and Commercial Activities (4237)
- Advertising and Commercial Activities Procedure (4237SP)
- Distribution of Information (4060)
- Distribution of Information Procedure (4060SP)
- Community organizations register on Peachjar.com.
- Go to ‘Send & Post Flyer’ to submit your flyer for approval
- Please note: Flyers should be submitted at least one week in advance of the date you would like to receive approval.
- See ‘Deals’ on your account for pricing options
- After a flyer has been submitted, it will be automatically sent to SPS staff to review the material and approve or deny the flyer.
- Flyer approval takes place on Thursdays.
- Once approved, the flyer will be emailed to families and posted online to the designated school websites.
Peachjar charges a fee for this service. The cost is typically less than the cost to copy and deliver paper flyers to each school. More information about pricing can be found on the Peachjar website.
Peachjar will waive its service fees for programs, events, and resources when students will benefit directly from the offer, and there is no goal to have the family sign up for a paid service or program (membership fees, cost for additional classes or camps). To receive the waived service fees a community organization must contact Peachjar to make the request.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 858-997-2117 with questions.