Volunteer for SPS
To translate, use the Google Select Language button located at the top right of this page.
- Español: Vea el sitio en su idioma,
- Af-Soomaali: Ku fiirso Webside-ka SPS Luqadaada,
- 中文: 用您自己的語言查看西雅圖公立學校網站 谷歌,
- Tiếng Việt: Xem trang web SPS bằng ngôn ngữ của quý vị
- How to apply to volunteer with SPS for the first time
- How to update your volunteer application or renew an expired background check
Seattle Public Schools encourages parents, family members, organizations, businesses, and other community members to volunteer with us!
- Looking to volunteer in your child’s classroom or in another volunteer role in the school building? Review these step-by-step instructions.
- Are you a community member interested in helping at a school? Visit our volunteer opportunities page to learn how to locate a school in need of volunteers.
- For athletics/coaching, apply here. Please note athletic volunteer applications follow a separate onboarding process led by the Athletics Department.
- Volunteer groups and garden volunteers – please get in touch with The Self Help Projects program.
Photo: Reny Mathan and Melissa Bean volunteer weekly at James Baldwin Elementary as tutors and classroom helpers in Mrs. Mulder’s Kindergarten Classroom. Reny (sitting on the left below) intentionally selected James Baldwin Elementary:
“Volunteering at James Baldwin Elementary allowed me to put my efforts where I felt they were needed and appreciated, and where I could feel I was making a difference, whether it be helping teachers with class prep or students with learning.”
The friendly URL for this page is: www.seattleschools.org/volunteer
For questions about available volunteer opportunities or the status of your application, please contact the school or site where you would like to volunteer.