Seattle School nurses are here to support students and families during remote learning and are working to prepare for a safe return to in-class education.
Important Health Information for the New School Year
Immunizations Up to Date?
If you received a letter from Health Services about immunizations your child needs for school, please make sure your child receives the immunization(s) listed in the letter. Send the immunization record to the school nurse or have your health care provider fax the record to the nurse. Immunization requirements can be found at this link.
Know How to Limit the Spread of Covid-19 and Practice These Steps:
- Avoid close contact with other people
- Cover your nose and mouth with a mask when around other people
- Wash your hands frequently
- Keep hands away from your face
- Stay 6 feet apart from other people
- Cover sneezes and coughs
- Use the Public Health SCAN program if you worry your child may have symptoms
- Free COVID testing
Please report to the school nurse any health issue your child has that could impact safety and learning.
Complete the Annual Student Health Update form either:
- Visit PowerSchool online or
- Complete a paper copy included in the back to school packet
- You may also contact the nurse directly by phone or e-mail.
Register Your Student for a School Based Health Center!
Your child can go to ANY School Based Health Center within the district. It’s free!
Locate a School Based Health Center near you using this link or this interactive map to find the one closest to you.
Prepare now for our return to school/ ask your health provider to complete the Authorization for Medications Taken at School.
- Each medication requires its own form
- Your health care provider must sign
- You must sign the form
This is required for ALL medications.
When we are back in school all medications must be in their original container with a pharmacy label. Emergency medications must be in the building on or before the first day of school.
*Check medication expiration dates! Try to get medications that that will last the entire school year.