Health Services


Immunizations FAQ

Immunization Information for Graduates (last reviewed: May 1, 2020)
Off to College? (Meningococcal disease information)

How do I obtain a copy of my student’s immunization records?

If you are a Washington state resident, you can download a copy of your child’s immunization record on the WA State Immunization Record website.

You must register for an account and then log in. Go to “MyImmunizations” at the top of the page and then click the “Certificate of Immunization” button to download the pre-filled CIS and save to your computer.

You can also call or email the Department of Health office at or 1-866-397-0337.

MyIR Information Card (English and Spanish)

Are you looking for your student’s out-of-state immunization records? Contact the IIS in your state

What immunizations are required to attend SPS?

Immunization Schedules

To attend school students must present a signed Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS). Our district requires that immunization information on the CIS comes from a medical provider. WA State Immunization laws state that the student is in compliance if they are:

  • Fully immunized or
  • In process of getting immunized
  • Has a completed Certificate of Exemption

Medically verified immunization records are required for school and child care entry

Please provide Seattle Public Schools with a Medically Verified Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) Form. 

Medically Verified Form is:

  • Official lifetime immunization record with a provider stamp or signature.
  • Official immigration immunization record.
  • Immunization record printed from a healthcare provider, clinic, or hospital.
  • Written immunization record with a provider stamp or signature.
  • Immunization record printed from the Washington Immunization Information System (WA IIS).

Examples of Medically Verified Records Flier (PDF) | Spanish (PDF)

Check the Department of Health website for more information on immunization requirements.

Certificate of Immunization Checklist

  • Certificate of Immunization (CIS) form is signed by parent/guardian.
  • Be sure the student’s name and birth date are legible!
  • If you have it, please write the student ID number in the upper left corner.
  • Send the Certificate of Immunization (CIS) form to your child’s school or to Student Health Services:Seattle Public Schools
    Health Services MS 31-650
    P.O. Box 34165
    Seattle, WA 98134Fax: 206-252-0751

Immunization Required Notices

Where can my student receive vaccines?

Students can access immunizations at:

Are immunization exemptions allowed?

Washington State Law allows exemptions to the immunization requirements for religious, medical, or personal reasons. These are recorded on a Certificate of Exemption (COE).

Certificate of Exemptions (COE) to immunization requirements:

Beginning with applications received after 7/22/2011 exemptions require both parent/guardian and health-care provider’s signature except for certain religious exemptions.

MMR Vaccine Exemption Law Change FAQs