Procurement and Distribution
Procurement and Distribution Services
In Procurement and Distribution Services, our vision is to lead the way with integrity, teamwork, and outstanding services. Our mission is to deliver goods and services through authorized cost-effective solutions to meet the needs of our customers. Our values are customer service, integrity, teamwork, and creating an enjoyable and rewarding work environment.
We are committed to conducting procurement using sound business practices, promoting competition whenever possible to minimize costs, and upholding the highest ethical standards in all of our business practices.
Our goals align with Seattle Public Schools 2019-2024 Strategic Plan. Seattle Excellence is the district's 2019-24 strategic plan.: Educate. Engage. Empower.
Our primary goals include:
- Compliance: Ensure the integrity of our business processes
- Service Delivery: Consistently meet service and delivery standards
- Fiscal Integrity: Be good stewards of public funds
Some of our larger initiatives, which are directly related to our primary goals, include:
- Compliance: Review and update policies and procedures for procurement, and help ensure compliance with state and federal laws, Board policies, and Superintendent procedures
- Service Delivery: Establish baseline for performance measures for procurement administrative lead time
- Fiscal Integrity: Establish sustainable processes to evaluate procurement savings
A few of our recent accomplishments include:
- Implementing paperless requisitions, resulting in an e-procurement ratio of 80%
- Redesigning the Small Works procurement process, resulting in a new application, a new roster, and a more streamlined and audit-worthy process
Our department works with vendors and District staff on many kinds of procurements. Please refer to the links above for more information.
Business & Finance:
JoLynn D Berge
Assistant Superintendent of Business and Finance: