Business and Finance
Finance Services Division
The Finance Services Division provides various functional services to the Seattle Public Schools and its stakeholdersThose student, families and community groups impacted by proposed policy, program or More. These functional areas include: Accounting, Audit Response, Budget, Grants and Payroll.
Vision: A solid foundation to build and support excellence.
Mission: As stewards of district resources and the public trust, the Finance Division provides stakeholdersThose student, families and community groups impacted by proposed policy, program or More with essential information and collaboratively supports building Seattle Public Schools into a flagship school district.
Values: Integrity, customer oriented, effectiveness, teamwork and creativity
Our goals align with the District’s four pillars:
- Great principals highly skilled as instructional leaders;
- Great teachers highly skilled in meeting the needs of all students;
- Families and community partners connected to our schools; and
- Central office staff serving and supporting schools and families.
Our primary goals include:
- Provide timely, professional, respectful and proactive services and solutions for our customers
- Foster an environment which develops, motivates, and values a highly skilled and talented staff working collaboratively
- Committed to continuously improving business processes that are consistent, efficient, effective and easily understood
- Comply with all applicable rules, regulations, requirements, policies and procedures
Some of our larger initiatives, which are directly related to our primary goals, include:
- Manage the District’s budget development process in a fiscally challenged environment;
- Review and update fiscal policies and procedures, and help ensure compliance with state and federal laws, Board policies, and Superintendent procedures;
- Improve our financial reporting function.