The Accounting Department provides various fiscal services to the Seattle Public Schools and it’s Those student, families and community groups impacted by proposed policy, program or. These functional areas include: financial reporting, accounts payable, employee reimbursements, cash collections, treasury, grants accounting, billing and collections, fixed assets, personal service contracts and associated student body.
Our goals align with the District’s four pillars: 1)Great principals highly skilled as instructional leaders; 2) Great teachers highly skilled in meeting the needs of all students; 3)Families and community partners connected to our schools; and 4) Central office staff serving and supporting schools and families. Our primary goals include:
- Provide timely, professional, respectful and proactive services and solutions for our customers
- Foster an environment which develops, motivates, and values a highly skilled and talented staff working collaboratively
- Committed to continuously improving business processes that are consistent, efficient, effective and easily understood
- Comply with all applicable rules, regulations, requirements, policies and procedures
- Process transactions efficiently and accurately
Some of our larger initiatives, which are directly related to our primary goals, include:
- Improve our financial reporting function.
- Address areas of improvement identified by the State Auditors and Internal Auditors
- OSPI Financial Services
- Washington Association of School Business Officials (WASBO)
- State Auditors Office
Note : Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information about W2s and Seattle Public Schools payroll questions. Seattle Public Schools staff may also visit the staff-only website MySPS Payroll for more information.
Director, Accounting Services
Accounts Payable Supervisor
Associated Student Body (ASB) Analyst
Mail Stop 33-343
Seattle Public Schools
PO Box 34165
Seattle, WA 98124-1165
John Stanford Center for Education Excellence