Rainier Beach Replacement Project
- Pre-design phase complete
- Schematic design phase complete
- Design development phase complete
- Construction documents/permitting phase in progress
- Bid and award phase begins Winter 2022
- Phased construction begins Summer 2022
- Project complete Fall 2025
Progress updates are posted for the previous month the week after the monthly Building Excellence Capital Levy provides resources for school construction, renovations, and additions. More and Building Renovations, Technology and Academic/Athletics Levy provides resources for seismic improvements, roof More Capital Levies Oversight Committee meetings. These meetings typically take place on the first Friday of each month.
Major Activity in August 2021
- Continue to refine programming with school and district staff
- Completed Design Development documents
- Continued development of sustainability measures
- Continued Lydig-led diversity, equity, and inclusion meetings
- Concluded public comment period for SEPA draft checklist
Major Activity Planned for September 2021
- Ongoing diversity, equity, and inclusion meetings
- Prepare SEPA comment responses
- Review Design Development documents
- Prepare and review 100% Design Development cost estimate
About the Project
Rainier Beach High School will be replaced with a new multi-story high school of approximately 233,700 square feet. When completed, it will provide permanent space for 1,600 students grades 9-12. Students will remain on-site during the phased construction. Building Excellence Capital Levy provides resources for school construction, renovations, and additions. More V funding will also provide technology equipment and services, such as computers, peripherals, printers, and other technology for teaching and learning.
Design Firm: Bassetti Architects/Moody Nolan Architects
Construction Management Firm: Parametrix
Contractor: Lydig Construction
Project Budget: $238.2M
Funding Source: Funded by the Building Excellence V (Building Excellence Capital Levy provides resources for school construction, renovations, and additions. More V) Capital Levy, approved by Seattle voters in 2019.
School Design Advisory Team
Read about the the School Design Advisory Team (SDAT) and review the meeting minutes.
Parametrix Construction Manager: Paul Popovich, email@example.com, 253.208.7831
Rainier Beach High School
8815 Seward Park Ave. S
Seattle, WA 98118