Requesting Transcripts and Other Student Records
Former Students, Universities, and Corporations
Use the ScribOrder Online Student Records Request System to request:
- Student records (transcript, replacement diploma, graduation status or other student records) or
- A graduation verification for a former student.
Attaching Documents to Requests
- Requests for student records from certain organizations, agencies and government bodies (i.e. most third parties unless allowed under FERPA) require a signed release of information form. Please attach the form directly to the order.
- Graduation Verifications do not require a signed release of information form, since the information shared is considered directory information.
- If a certification form needs to be completed by a Seattle Public Schools representative as part of the order, please attach the form directly to the order and add Special Instructions to indicate that the certification needs to be filled out.
- Current and former students should be prepared to attach a photocopy of a government-issued photo identification (Driver’s License, Passport, etc.). The photo id needs to include the student’s name, date of birth and a photo. A digital photograph of the id is acceptable.
On the second screen, after clicking Prepare for Checkout, there is an option to attach any of the above referenced documents via the ‘Please attach your release documents’ field.
If an ROI or copy of a photo id of the requester is not attached before the order is submitted, there are other options:
- Attaching documents to a ScribOrder request via the Order Tracker.
- If there are issues attaching documents to an order, please email the documentation to email@example.com and reference your ScribOrder Number.
Failure to provide ID and/or documentation within 5 business days will result in the cancellation of the order and any delays in providing documentation will hinder our response time.
Current Students – High School Transcript Requests
First and foremost, to support current students in their college application efforts, there are a number of existing resources in place at the student’s school (Naviance, Common App, Staff, etc.).