Seattle Public Schools


Student Records

Requesting Transcripts and Other Student Records

Former Students, Universities, and Corporations

Use the ScribOrder Online Student Records Request System to request:

  • Student records (transcript, replacement diploma, graduation status or other student records) or
  • A graduation verification for a former student.

Access the ScribOrder Online Student Records Request System

Attaching Documents to Requests

  • Requests for student records from certain organizations, agencies and government bodies (i.e. most third parties unless allowed under FERPA) require a signed release of information form. Please attach the form directly to the order.
    • Graduation Verifications do not require a signed release of information form, since the information shared is considered directory information.
  • If a certification form needs to be completed by a Seattle Public Schools representative as part of the order, please attach the form directly to the order and add Special Instructions to indicate that the certification needs to be filled out.
  • Current and former students should be prepared to attach a photocopy of a government-issued photo identification (Driver’s License, Passport, etc.). The photo id needs to include the student’s name, date of birth and a photo. A digital photograph of the id is acceptable.

On the second screen, after clicking Prepare for Checkout, there is an option to attach any of the above referenced documents via the ‘Please attach your release documents’ field.

If an ROI or copy of a photo id of the requester is not attached before the order is submitted, there are other options:

  1. Attaching documents to a ScribOrder request via the Order Tracker.
  2. If there are issues attaching documents to an order, please email the documentation to and reference your ScribOrder Number.

Failure to provide ID and/or documentation within 5 business days will result in the cancellation of the order and any delays in providing documentation will hinder our response time.

Current Students – High School Transcript Requests

First and foremost, to support current students in their college application efforts, there are a number of existing resources in place at the student’s school (Naviance, Common App, Staff, etc.).

Therefore, students should work with the resources at their school to ensure transcripts are submitted as part of the college application process.

Naviance is an application that students can use throughout the school year to identify where they are applying to college. When they identify a college, they outline the types of transcripts that are being requested to support their application to that college (Initial, Mid-Year, Final). In Naviance, there is an indicator as to how that college will accept a transcript: Via Naviance, Via CommonApp, or paper copies.

At different points in the year, staff will upload the transcripts for students and send the transcripts to the colleges that have been identified, with the exception of paper copies – schools will notify students how paper copies of transcripts will be handled.

There is a brief window of time that Naviance is not available in the summer (~July 4 – early August), but as long as the ‘Final’ transcript option was selected for a given college, that transcript will be sent automatically – no additional action is needed from a student.

Any changes a student would like to make to their Naviance options after July 4th may not be possible due to system outages.

For more assistance, reach out to staff at your school.

  • Final Transcripts are not available until approximately 12 week days after the last day of school. Every year, this date is defined by the Teacher Union contracts, so the date varies.
  • Final Transcripts do not contain Running Start Grades from Spring Quarter. If a college requires the Running Start grades from the final quarter, students will need to request their transcript from their Running Start college to be sent to the colleges that need those transcripts.
    • High school credits earned via Running Start will be added to the high school transcript in the Fall of the following year.
  • Colleges may send out a reminder communication about needing final transcripts – If ‘Final’ transcript is selected in Naviance or CommonApp, please be reassured that the final transcript will be sent. No additional action needs to be taken.

If a Current Student Needs Assistance

School Staff are there to help. Staff will guide students on the use of Naviance and College Applications, supply students with paper/fax copies of transcripts as requested, upload transcripts to Naviance and Online College Application Portals to meet deadlines, etc.

In some cases, colleges do not accept transcripts via CommonApp or Naviance:

  • When a college is identified in Naviance, but does not accept electronic transcripts, the school will generate a paper copy of the transcript. The school will provide the transcript to the student to mail.
  • When a college is not listed in Naviance, the student should work with staff to make sure they get a copy of their transcript to support their application.

The last resource available to current high school students and parents of underage high school students to request official and unofficial copies of their high school transcript is the ScribOrder Online Student Records Request System.

It is important to note that ScribOrder is intended to fill gaps. In other words, it is not intended to replace systems like Naviance that are available to students at school.

For instance, some colleges do not accept transcripts via Naviance or the CommonApp. In this case, paper transcripts may be requested from or provided by staff at the school or it may be more convenient to order a transcript via ScribOrder.

Do not order transcripts via ScribOrder if the transcript is being sent via Naviance or the CommonApp, especially Final transcripts. Colleges may send out a reminder communication about Final Transcripts, but if ‘Final’ transcript is selected in Naviance, please be reassured that the final transcript will be sent.

Note that orders for more than two transcripts or for orders for transcripts to be sent to more than two colleges may be rejected.

How to Order via ScribOrder (Current Students)

  1. Go to the ScribOrder website
  2. On the left-hand side, click CLICK HERE if you are a CURRENT student or a PARENT of a current student under the age of 18.
  3. Fill out all required fields. When you add a Delivery Address(es), identify the number of copies.
    • Orders for more than two transcripts or for orders for transcripts to be sent to more than two colleges may be rejected. Please see information about Naviance.
  4. Most importantly, select the Information Type(s) Requested:
    • Official High School Transcript (sent to colleges or addresses identified)
    • Digital Copy – Official High School Transcript. The PDF file of the student’s transcript emailed to the requester can be verified by any recipient of the file via the following website:  Verify Credentials.

Reach out to if you are experiencing technical difficulties with ScribOrder.

Questions or concerns? Contact us!

DCYF and Foster Student Records

If a DCYF Caseworker needs to submit documentation to Seattle Public Schools about a student for our records (School Notification, Court Orders, etc), please send the documentation to the student’s current school and cc the Records & Archives Dept, Alesia Jessie and Charlotte McCracken

If a DCYF Caseworker needs to submit a request for student records:

  • Please work with the student’s current school to request records.
  • If the school is on break or if the school is not responding, please reach out to the Seattle Public Schools Records & Archives Department with the request.
  • For Special Education Records for a student, please email the Special Education Records Department with the request.

Note that requests must come directly from a valid DCYF email address for us to ensure the request is legitimate. Encrypted emails will not be accepted or reviewed.