Public Records Requests
Seattle Public Schools Public Record Requests
All Public Records requests must be directed to the Public Records Officers. The Public Records Officers may be contacted in person at the John Stanford Center, by first class mail at the address listed below, by fax at the number listed below, or by email at email@example.com.
Please include detailed information about your request.
Seattle Public Schools
Mail Stop 32-151
P.O. Box 34165
Seattle, WA 98134-1165
Fax : 206-252-0111
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Policies, Procedures, and Exemptions
Information about the Disclosure of Public Records Policy and Procedure is available in the following Seattle Public Schools documents.
- Public Access to District Records (Policy 4040)
- Public Access to District Records Procedure (Procedure 4040SP)
Fees Associated with Records Requests
As of November 2, 2017, the District has adopted the statutory Fee Schedule for public records requests and may charge as follows:
- In-person review of documents – No cost
- Photocopies of public records – $0.15/page
- Electronic copies of records that exist in hard copy only – $0.10/page
- Electronic documents – $0.05 per every four electronic files or attachments uploaded to email, cloud-based data storage service, or other means of electronic delivery
- Transmission of public records in an electronic format – $0.10 per every 1 GB
- Postage and media – Actual costs incurred by the District
- Customized services – Actual costs, in addition to fees for copies specified above
For further information on charges, please see Superintendent Procedure 4040SP.
If you are requesting lists of staff, please complete and sign the Declaration for Non-Commercial Use of List of Names Form and submit it along with your request to our Public Records Officers.
If you are requesting lists of students or Directory Information, please complete and sign the Directory Information Request Form and submit it along with your request to our Public Records Officers.
Special Education Records (IEP/504)
To obtain student-specific special education records please contact the Special Education Department. Please make special education records requests via phone at 206-252-0895, fax at 206-252-0895, or email at email@example.com.
To obtain student-specific health records please contact the Health Services Department. Please make health records requests via phone at 206-252-0763, 206-252-0750, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a former student requesting your transcript, diploma, graduation verification, or academic history, please do so on the Student Records Request site located Student Records Request.
We are happy to help! We recommend looking over our Frequently Asked Questions, which lists the most common questions we receive and their answers. For any additional questions please contact us at email@example.com.
Public Records Officers: Randall Enlow firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Records Assistant: Lorraine Lee email@example.com