Building Rentals in Operating Schools
Scheduling Calendar for 2021-22 is Closed
Seattle Public Schools facilities (buildings and grounds) are closed with limited access to staff, students, and childcare. Enrichment programs, hourly rentals, etc. remain on hold until further notice.
Hourly Building Rentals
Seattle Public Schools hourly facility use, Parks Department and inter-agency joint use agreements in operating schools are processed through online schedules. Procedures for hourly space rentals are described below.
Contact us with questions about hourly facility use firstname.lastname@example.org.
All facility use is cancelled when schools are closed due to an emergency and/or inclement weather.
We only accept Checks or Money Orders. We do NOT accept cash or credit cards.
Upon receipt of an approved online request, the Building Rental Coordinator will review the request to ensure the request is in compliance with School Board policies. When all the following requirements are met, the online request will be approved and an email notice sent to the contact person on the request. Use of the facility is not authorized until the online request has been changed to “Approved”.
Community Nights in School Libraries Program
Low Cost Meeting Space For Community Groups and Organizations
(this option is not available for commercial or business organizations)
Seattle Public Schools and the City of Seattle have partnered to provide a program that offers inexpensive meeting space for community groups and nonprofit organizations. If you are a participant in the Community Nights Program, please follow directions below on how “to submit a building rentals reservation request as a Community User (Non-District, outside groups only).” When creating your User profile, please make sure under Organizations you selectGroup 1c – Community Nights. More information on this program.
To submit a building rentals reservations request as a community user
(non-district, outside groups only
It is very important to read the information regarding building rentals prior to submitting an online schedule requesting use of Seattle Public Schools property.
- Building Rental Rules and Regulations
- Hourly Building Rental Rates Information
- Hourly Building Rental Rates – Filming and Photos
- Addendum – Filming and Related Activities
- Building Group Type for Heating/Cooling Charges
- HB 1824
- Addendum A – Compliance Statement for HB 1824
- Rent Waiver Form (updated 9/2020) Submit the 9/2020 updated form for SY 2020-21 All other forms are obsolete. Incomplete forms are not processed.
- Use of School Facilities Policy 4260
- Use of School Facilities Procedure 4260SP
- Prohibited Activities/Food Trucks/BBQ
- Contact the school first for availability and preliminary approval to use the facility.
- Online Scheduling Process :Effective 9/1/2020, Seattle Public Schools implemented a new scheduling software scheduling system, Master Library Schedules.
- Master Library Support Content includes tutorials showing how to create an account, submitting a new request, and how to access support if needed.
- Submit an online Request at least fifteen (15) working days prior to the date of the event. A non-refundable administrative fee is due upon online school approval of the Request. A Request submitted less than fifteen (15) working days may Not be processed.
- Filming activities require eighteen (18) working days and a $50 non-refundable administrative fee. See Rate Sheet for Filming Activities above. A Request submitted less than eighteen (18) working days may NOT be processed.
- Insurance naming Seattle Public Schools as the additional insured and total payment of fees must be received before an online Request is Approved for use of the facility. Attach the certificate naming Seattle Public Schools as the additional insured when submitting an online Request.
- Mail payment to: Seattle Public Schools, Building Rentals MS:23-311, PO Box 34165, Seattle WA 98124-1165.
- To ensure proper credit to your account, please include the organization’s name (matching the organization’s name on the online Request) and Invoice Number on the check.
- Once all requirements are met, the online Request will be approved and an email notification sent to Applicant. Access to the facility is not authorized until the online Request has been completely processed and changed to “Approved“.
Insurance Requirements for Community Users
Seattle Public Schools requires insurance for use of its facilities by other than Seattle Public Schools staff and events. Proof of insurance is required to register to use facilities in the Community Use section of the Building Rentals User Profile. If your group does not have its own liability insurance policy that meets Seattle Public Schools’ requirements, you may purchase coverage for your event(s) through a program called the Tenant Users Liability Insurance Program (TULIP). Read more information on this program.
While logged into ML Schedules Software, upload a pdf of the insurance certificate showingSeattle Public Schools as the additional insured as follows:
Seattle Public Schools
Building Rentals MS: 23-311
PO Box 34165
Seattle WA 98124-1165
Heating and Cooling Set Points for SPS Facilities
- Heating Set Point: 68 degrees
- Cooling Set Point: 76 degrees
- Heating Set Point: 65 degrees
- Cooling Set Point: 76 degrees
- Heating Set Point: 62 degrees
- Cooling Set Point: No mechanical cooling
Scheduling Kitchen Use
Scheduling of School District Athletic Fields, Concession Stands and Facilities
Leasing in Operating Schools
Hourly Building Rentals: