Building Rentals in Operating Schools
Welcome to a new school year! Master Library Schedules calendar is open to schedule community events. Requests may be submitted for school year 2023-24. Please remember we require a minimum of 15 working days to process Requests.
Scheduling is for the current school year 2023-24, including summer use through August 2024.
Hourly Building Rentals
Seattle Public Schools hourly facility use, Parks Department and inter-agency joint use agreements in operating schools are processed through online schedules. Procedures for hourly space rentals are described below.
Contact us with questions about hourly facility use email@example.com.
All facility use is cancelled when schools are closed due to an emergency and/or inclement weather. We only accept Checks or Money Orders. We do NOT accept cash or credit cards.
Upon receipt of an approved online request, the Building Rental Coordinator will review the request to ensure the request is in compliance with School Board policies. When all the following requirements are met, the online request will be approved and an email notice sent to the contact person on the request. Use of the facility is not authorized until the online request has been changed to “Approved”.
Building Rental Forms
(non-district, outside groups only)
It is very important to read the information regarding building rentals prior to submitting an online schedule requesting use of Seattle Public Schools property.
- Addendum – Filming and Related Activities
- HB 1824
- Addendum A – Compliance Statement for HB 1824
- Rent Waiver for Youth Focused Community Groups form
- Use of School Facilities Policy 4260
- Use of School Facilities Procedure 4260SP
- Prohibited Activities/Food Trucks/BBQ
Building Rental Rates, Rules and Regulations
Online Scheduling Process
Master Library Support Content includes tutorials showing how to create an account, submitting a new request, and how to access support if needed.
- Contact the school first for availability and preliminary approval to use the facility.
- New users, create a New Account in Master Library Schedules using a Group Name of the insured on the insurance certificate.
- Proof of insurance is required for community use of Seattle Public Schools’ facilities (buildings and grounds). Upload your organization’s Certificate of Insurance naming Seattle Public Schools as the additional insured when completing the New Account Setup in ML Schedules.
- The account will be reviewed and Approved in Master Library Schedules. The system sends notification when the account has been approval.
- After notification of new account approval, submit an online request at least fifteen (15) working days prior to the date of the event. A non-refundable Administrative Fee is charged per online request. A Request submitted less than fifteen (15) working days may NOT be processed.
- Filming activities require eighteen (18) working days and a $50 non-refundable administrative fee. See Rate Sheet for Filming Activities above. A Request submitted less than eighteen (18) working days may NOT be processed.
- Mail payment to: Seattle Public Schools, Building Rentals MS:23-311, PO Box 34165, Seattle WA 98124-1165. To ensure proper credit to your account, please include the organization’s name used on the ML Schedules Request and Invoice Number on the check.
- Once all requirements are met, the online Request will be Approved and an email notification sent to Applicant. Access to the facility is not authorized until the online Request has been completely processed and changed to “Approved“.
Community Nights in School Libraries Program
Low Cost Meeting Space For Community Groups and Organizations (this option is not available for commercial or business organizations).
Seattle Public Schools and the City of Seattle have partnered to provide a program that offers inexpensive meeting space for community groups and nonprofit organizations.
If you are a participant in the Community Nights Program, please follow directions below for submitting building reservation requests.
When creating your User profile, please make sure under Organizations you select Group 1c – Community Nights. More information on the Community Nights Program to come.
Insurance Requirements for Community Users
Seattle Public Schools requires insurance for use of its facilities by users other than Seattle Public Schools staff and events. Proof of insurance is required to register to use facilities in the Community Use section of the Building Rentals User Profile. If your group does not have its own liability insurance policy that meets Seattle Public Schools’ requirements, you may purchase coverage for your event(s) through a program called the Tenant Users Liability Insurance Program (TULIP). Read more information on the Tenant Users Liability Insurance Program.
More details showing how to update insurance information. The obsolete insurance file and field must be deleted and updated in ML Schedules. Updating the correct insurance fields allows the system to recognize the new information; and continued access for the User to submit new Requests.
Log into ML Schedules Software, upload a pdf of the insurance certificate showing Seattle Public Schools as the additional insured as follows:
Seattle Public Schools
Building Rentals MS: 23-311
PO Box 34165
Seattle WA 98124-1165
Heating and Cooling Set Points for SPS Facilities
- Heating Set Point: 68 degrees
- Cooling Set Point: 76 degrees
- Heating Set Point: 65 degrees
- Cooling Set Point: 76 degrees
- Heating Set Point: 62 degrees
- Cooling Set Point: No mechanical cooling