Student Email and Meeting Tools
Email and Teams for Students
To better support remote learning, the district is enabling student email accounts and the online meeting tool Microsoft Teams. These changes will help improve communications, user experience, and security for students and teachers.
Student Safety and Security
The student email and Microsoft Teams accounts are essential to help the district to provide safe and secure tools for our students.
Students will only be able to send and receive email messages to people with Seattle Public Schools email address, such as teachers and other students. Seattle Public Schools (SPS) email addresses end with “@seattleschools.org.”
Students will not be able to send nor receive email from non SPS email addresses, such as Gmail. For parents worried about cyberbullying and similar risks, please read more about cyber bullying and online safety.
Steps to Access Student Email
How students login to their SPS Office 365 account to access email and other Office tools:
- Go to the Office 365 login page
- On the district and school websites, there are several short cuts for Office 365: click the large blue icon called “Student/Families Portals” and the dropdown Student menu click “Office 365”
- SPS devices have an icon for email on the desktop
- Login with your SPS Student Username (ex: email@example.com) and Password
- If accessing through the Office 365 site, click Outlook icon