SPS Summer Programs
Thank you for another joyful summer of learning!
We are currently developing 2024 District Sponsored Summer Programs. Click on the programs below to see what programs were offered during the 2023 Summer!
General Program Information:
- This program is for K – 4 students who were referred by school staff meet the eligibility requirements.
- The program dates are determined each winter for the upcoming summer. The program is 4 weeks in length. Students must be available to attend all 4 weeks of programming.
- The program times are generally 9:00 am – 2:30 pm.
- Breakfast is provided before the program start time. Lunch is provided as well.
- Transportation will be provided to students who qualify for transportation.
Summer Site Locations:
A small number of school sites are used as hubs for summer programs. Registered students will be assigned to a school site closest to their home address.
To maximize student success, families are expected to send their child every day. If your child is sick, please keep them at home until they are fever free for 24 hours. If a student misses more than three days of instruction, they may be dropped from summer learning. During summer, chronic absenteeism is defined as 4+ absences.
Summer Music is a way for students to continue their music learning over summer break.
Students who are entering grades 5-9 (4th grade completed) and have had at least one year of instrumental music instruction may participate.
Classes in Beginning and Advanced Band and String Orchestra are offered and taught by current Seattle Public Schools music teachers.
This is a fee-based program. Scholarships are available.
For more information about Summer Music please visit the SPS Visual & Performing Arts Summer Music webpage.
Read more on the Arts Curriculum webpage.
Extended School Year (ESY) are special education services beyond the normal school year.
The purpose of Extended School Year (ESY) services is to provide special education services for eligible students beyond the dates of a normal school year when doing so is needed to support their progress on goals. The consideration for ESY services is a team decision, based on the individual needs of a student, and supported by data.
General Program Information:
High School Summer Credit Recovery will be hosted in partnership with Cascade Virtual Option School. Students will learn through an asynchronous learning experience offered through Imagine Learning, an online platform. SPS certificated teachers will work with every student to monitor progress toward course completion and meet in live, remote sessions with students to provide mentorship.
Students must meet all the eligibility criteria below to participate in this summer program.
- Students must be currently enrolled in Seattle Public Schools as of January 5, 2024.
- Students must have failed a course required for graduation prior to second semester of the 2023-24 school year.
- Students are not able to take a course for initial credit or for a credit not obtained due to a school/district transfer.
Learn more about Summer Course through the Skills Center.