John Rogers Elementary School Replacement Project
The existing school will be replaced with a new building. John Rogers Elementary School will move to an interim site during construction.
- Pre-design phase complete
- Schematic design phase complete
- Design development phase in progress
- Construction documents phase begins Fall 2022
- Bid and award phase begins Winter 2023
- Construction begins Summer 2023
- School opens Fall 2025
School Design Advisory Team (SDAT)
Early in the design process, representatives from the school community come together to form a school’s SDAT. SDATs typically include school and district staff, parents, and community members. Students are sometimes included for all or part of the process. The project construction managers also take part. Learn more about the John Rogers Elementary School SDAT.
Virtual Community Meeting
Thank you to everyone who could join us for the community update on June 1, 2022.
Progress updates are posted for the previous month the week after the monthly BEX and BTA Capital Levies Oversight Committee meetings. These meetings typically take place on the first Friday of each month.
Major Activity in August 2022
- Ended draft SEPA comment period
- Ended Departures comment period
- Working on 30% street improvement plan (SIP)
- Began Design Development phase
- Started cost analysis and estimate for Design Documents
Major Activity Planned in September 2022
- Publish final SEPA for comments
- Meet with Seattle Public Schools internal Those student, families and community groups impacted by proposed policy, program or to review 100% Design Documents set
About the Project
The existing John Rogers Elementary School building will be removed. A new, 3-story school building will be constructed. When complete, the approximately 85,000 square foot school will provide permanent permanent space for up to 500 students with a planned expansion to 650 students at a future date if capacity is needed.
The 9.1 acre site is partially in the flood plain for Thornton Creek.
Architect: DLR Group
General Contractor/Construction Management Firm (GC/CM): Lydig Construction
Project Budget: $91.5M
Funding Source: Funded by the Building Excellence V (Building Excellence Capital Levy provides resources for school construction, renovations, and additions. More V) Capital Levy, approved by Seattle voters in 2019.
For questions or comments about this project, please use our online Let’s Talk form.
Project Manager: Amanda Fulford, email@example.com, 206-252-0697
John Rogers Elementary School
4030 NE 109th St
Seattle, WA 98125