Latinx Heritage Month
Posted: | Updated:
Summary: National Latinx Heritage Month is observed September 15-October 15.
Celebrate Latinx Heritage Month
Thursday, September 15, marks the beginning of National Latinx Heritage Month. We celebrate our Latinx community to recognize the achievements and contributions of Hispanic American champions who have inspired others to achieve success.
Our Ethnic Studies Department has compiled a variety of engaging resources for educators and families that highlight books, community events, and more.
National Latinx Heritage Month is observed September 15 – October 15.
- September 13-October 13: Mexam NW Festival
- September 16: Youth in Action: Environmental Justice in South America
- September 18-19: Sea Mar Fiestas Patrias!
- September 26: Un-Gala
- September 30: Noches de Trivia Mexicana
- October 6: Author Talk: Silvia Moreno-Garcia
- October 6-13: Young Portrait Explorers
- October 10: El Centro de la Raza’s 2020 Building the Beloved Community Gala
- October 15: Latino Community Fund Virtual Gala
- “A Journey Toward Hope” by Victor Hinojosa and Coert Voorhees
- “Abuela” by Arthur Dorros
- “Mama’s Nightingale” by Edwidge Danticat
- “My Two Border Towns” by David Bowles
- “Cemetery Boys” by Aiden Thomas
- “Don’t Ask Me Where I’m From” by Jennifer De Leon
- “Juliet Takes a Breath” by Gabby Rivera
- “Mexican Whiteboy” by Matt De La Pena
- Colorful Pages: Latinx Characters
- Colorful Pages: Latinx Heritage 2020
- Social Justice Books: Afro-Latinx
- Social Justice Books: Central America
- Social Justice Books: Cuba
- Social Justice Books: Dominican Republic
- Social Justice Books: El Salvador
- Social Justice Books: Haiti
- Social Justice Books: Latinx
- Social Justice Books: Mexican American/Chicanx
- Social Justice Books: Puerto Rico
- El Centro de la Raza
- KEXP: Hispanic Heritage Month
- National Hispanic Heritage Month
- Port of Seattle: Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month
- Seattle Center Festal