Seattle Schools Scholarship Fund
About the Seattle Schools Scholarship Fund
Each year since 1974, the Seattle Schools Scholarship Fund awards scholarships to graduating seniors of Seattle Public Schools and in recognition of students who have overcome significant life challenges to achieve their dreams.
The scholarships are in the amount of $5,000 and are awarded to students each year for tuition expenses at any college or university or vocational training of the student’s choice.
The scholarship is funded largely from an annual contribution from the Seattle School Retirees Association, as well as generous donations from community members.
See names and schools of Seattle Schools Scholarship awards.
Candidates are selected by school counselors and the Scholarship Fund Committee Trustees.
In order to be eligible to receive a Seattle Schools Scholarship Fund award, the student must:
- be a graduating senior of a Seattle Public Schools high school during the year the award is awarded,
- be a current resident of the Washington state, and
- have demonstrated a certain level of academic achievement and potential for college success.
Consideration is given to the following criteria in determining both the candidates and recipients of the Seattle Schools Scholarship Awards:
- financial need
- recognizable contribution to their school and/or the community
- performance in academic pursuits
- candidates have overcome significant life challenges to obtain a high school diploma.
Donation Forms and Fund Sources
- Donation Form
- Donate Online (Credit Card Convenience Fee Will Apply)