Healthy Youth Survey
Washington State Healthy Youth Survey
About the Healthy Youth Survey
The Healthy Youth Survey (HYS) is a collaborative effort of the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction, the Department of Health, the Department of Social and Health Service’s Division of Behavioral Health and Recovery, the Liquor and Cannabis Board, and the Department of Commerce.
Seattle Public Schools participates in this survey every other year in October. The survey is administered to students in 6, 8, 10, and 12 grade. Student participation is completely voluntary and anonymous. Parents are notified about the survey and given the option to withdraw their student from participation.
The Healthy Youth Survey provides important survey results about the health of adolescents in Washington. Seattle Public Schools, along with County prevention coordinators, community mobilization coalitions, community public health and safety networks, use this information to:
- Learn the prevalence of health-related behaviors among students
- Evaluate or improve existing school programs, projects, and school health education programs
- Support modifying or creating new policies that promote health
- Track progress toward meeting school health and health promotion program goals
- Understand the school climate
- Contribute to the Continuous School Improvement Plan process
Survey Data Reports
Seattle Public Schools is provided data reports at the district and school building level. Please see below for district level reports, and contact Lisa Davidson email@example.com for building level or previous years’ data.
For more information, please visit the Healthy Youth Survey website.
2021 Survey Reports
- SPS 2021 HYS, Grade 6
- SPS 2021 HYS, Grade 8
- SPS 2021 HYS, Grade 10
- SPS 2021 HYS, Grade 12
- SPS 2021 HYS, Multi-Grade
2018 Survey Reports
- SPS 2018 HYS, Grade 6
- SPS 2018 HYS, Grade 8
- SPS 2018 HYS, Grade 10
- SPS 2018 HYS, Grade 12
- SPS 2018 HYS, Multi-Grade
2016 Survey Reports
- SPS 2016 HYS, Grade 6
- SPS 2016 HYS, Grade 8
- SPS 2016 HYS, Grade 10
- SPS 2016 HYS, Grade 12
- SPS 2016 HYS, Multi-Grade