Seattle Public Schools Enrollment Planning
Enrollment Planning generates several types of data: projections (forecasts of future enrollment), enrollment reports for current and past enrollment, and maps.
- Calculates enrollment projections,
- Studies the district’s demographics,
- Determines class numbers at option schools and choice seats at attendance area schools,
- Proposes changes to school boundaries when population trends change, and
- Produces maps using student data.
How is Enrollment Planning different from Admissions?
Enrollment Planning helps the district plan for changes in enrollment over time, to support student and school success.
Admissions performs the day-to-day public-facing functions around registration, enrollment, and school choice. For more information, please Contact the Admissions team.