- Calculates enrollment projections,
- Studies the district’s demographics,
- Determines class numbers at option schools and choice seats at attendance area schools,
- Proposes changes to school boundaries when population trends change, and
- Produces maps using student data.
Our mission is to plan for changes in enrollment over time, to support student and school success.
Our vision is equitable access to excellent schools for all students in Seattle.
How is Enrollment Planning is the department that works with other district offices to different from Admissions?
Admissions performs the day-to-day public-facing functions around registration, enrollment, and Students may choose to apply for another attendance area school, including K-8. For more information, please Contact the Admissions team.