Is it online? Check status of SPS digital tools.
Schoology Learning Management System (LMS)
Schoology offers powerful technology at all grade levels to organize content, engage students, and connect to families.
What is Schoology?
Schoology is Seattle Public Schools’ learning management system. It is changing the way our teachers communicate online with students and families.
- Teachers may post assignments, messages and calendar items.
- Familiar to social media users, Schoology’s format is simple.
- Schoology allows students and teachers to engage in two-way conversations and class discussions.
- Teachers can easily share files and links with students, families and fellow teachers.
Who Will Use Schoology?
Schoology is designed for all grade levels. If a student’s teacher chooses to use Schoology, parents and guardians can log in to monitor assignments and view resources.
First time parent or guardian users will need to set up a Schoology account. See below for registration steps Make sure you set up a PARENT account with YOUR NAME and YOUR email address on the school record.
How to Join
- Students will be registered automatically to their teachers’ courses, and will log on with their school username and password.
- Parents and guardians must sign up through the Schoology Access Code link found in their Source accounts.
Schoology Language Settings
To change the Language settings in your Schoology account, please navigate all the way to the bottom of the page and click on the downfacing arrow next to “English” (bottom right corner). From here you should be able to choose your desired language. The Schoology mobile app language depends on the Language & Region settings on your device.
Parent and Guardian Registration Steps
Students do not create accounts, they are members by being enrolled in the class.
To Create a Schoology Account
Parents and guardians set up Schoology PARENT accounts with Schoology Access Code(s). Codes are found on the Source under the Schoology Access Codes menu item. If you do not have a Source account, learn how to create a Source account.
- Log onto your Source account at http://ps.seattleschools.org
- Click the Schoology Access Codes menu item on the left.
- Copy and paste or write down your Schoology access code.
- Click the Sign up for Schoology LMS button.
- NOTE: If using the Schoology APP, click the Sign up for Schoology link at the bottom of the screen, then select PARENT.
- Enter the Access Code from the Source and click Continue.
- Fill out the form with YOUR name, valid email address, and create a password.
- Click Register. If you only have one student, skip to the next section to set up your Schoology display.
To Add More Students to your Schoology Account
- After you have created an account, login your Schoology account.
- Click the down-facing arrow on the top right and click the + Add Child link.
- Enter the Access Code from the Source and click the
- Use Code button.
- Repeat these steps if you have more children enrolled in SPS.
To view your student accounts: Switch from Parent to Student view
- When you set up your account, you will be in Parent view. To see your student’s courses and other information, click the down facing arrow to the right of your name.
- Click your student’s name, you will be in Student view. If you have more than one student, this is also where you may select your students.
- To see your student’s classes, click Courses. If you have questions about class content, etc. please contact your student’s teacher.
- Use the drop-down on the right to log off.
Important Log in Tip
Students use Office 365 and their school username and password to log onto Schoology. If you share a computer with your students, you may want to use different browsers to avoid frustration due to the different methods students and parents must use to log on.
Log In to Schoology
Students, please visit our Student Username and Password page for detailed STUDENT log in steps.
Student Support: Contact your school librarian or teacher
Staff Support: Contact your school Digital Learning Specialist
Parent and Family Support: email@example.com
Families when you contact us, please include the following information: A brief description of the problem, Your full name, Your email address, Your student’s full name, Your student’s 7 digit Seattle Schools student ID#, Your student’s school.
If you have questions or need help please email firstname.lastname@example.org