Magnolia phase II
Project complete: September 2021
About the Project
Magnolia School was originally constructed in 1927 and subsequently expanded in 1931, 1941, and 1969. The building and site have been designated as a historical landmark by the City of Seattle’s Landmarks Preservation Board. The school was closed in 1984 and used as a temporary site from 1987–2004. In 2019, the modernized existing school opened with new classroom and gymnasium wings.
A second classroom addition was added to the recently opened attendance area elementary to allow the district to implement state mandated class-size reductions. This funding for this addition was received after construction began on the original project.
Design Firm: Mahlum Architects
Construction Firm: CDK Construction Services, Inc.
Project Manager: David L. Jackson
Funding Source: Funded by a State of Washington Distressed Schools grant
Magnolia Elementary School
2418 28th Ave. W
Seattle, WA 98199