Ingraham High School Addition and Modernization Project
Project complete. Addition opened Fall 2019.
- Construction started: Spring 2018
- Addition opened: Fall 2019
About the Project
The main Ingraham High School building and the adjacent original auditorium and gymnasiums were built in 1959. To date, the school building has had various remodeling projects completed, with the last major project being a classroom addition in 2011.
This project constructed a new, two-story classroom addition adjacent to the existing building 100. The project also included selective modernization or remodeling of portions of building 100, earthquake safety improvements to buildings 100, 300 and the gymnasium, and replacing the roof on building 100 and part of the gymnasium. Onsite and offsite utilities and limited site development were also included in the project.
The 46,000-square-foot addition increases the total square footage of the school to 236,000. It provides capacity for up to 500 additional students, increasing school capacity to 1,696. The addition includes 18 classrooms, two new science labs, a new entry and administration office, and student common spaces.
Design: Integrus Architects
Construction: Cornerstone General Contractors, Inc.
Construction Management: Shiels, Obletz, Johnson (SOJ)
- Buildings, Technology, and Academics IV (Building Renovations, Technology and Academic/Athletics Levy provides resources for seismic improvements, roof More IV) Capital Levy, approved by Seattle voters in 2016;
- Building Excellence IV (Building Excellence Capital Levy provides resources for school construction, renovations, and additions. More IV) Capital Levy, approved by Seattle voters in 2013;
- Buildings, Technology, and Academics III (Building Renovations, Technology and Academic/Athletics Levy provides resources for seismic improvements, roof More III) Capital Levy, approved by Seattle voters in 2009
Ingraham High School
1819 N 135th St.
Seattle, WA 98133