Coe Elementary School Classroom Addition
- Pre-design phase complete
- Schematic design phase complete
- Design development phase complete
- Construction documents/permitting phase complete
- Bid and award phase complete
- Construction in progress
- Addition opens after Thanksgiving Break 2021
Progress updates are posted for the previous month the week after the monthly Building Excellence Capital Levy provides resources for school construction, renovations, and additions. More and Building Renovations, Technology and Academic/Athletics Levy provides resources for seismic improvements, roof More Capital Levies Oversight Committee meetings. These meetings typically take place on the first Friday of each month.
Major Activity in September 2021
- Continued roofing; work nearly complete
- Began siding installation
- Continued window installation; work nearly complete
- Completed interior stairs
- Began interior painting
- Continued mechanical, electrical, and plumbing installation
Major Activity Planned for October 2021
- Install flooring and casework
- Install doors and hardware
- Install wall coverings
- Continue mechanical, electrical, and plumbing trim out
- Install audio-visual equipment
- Continue bio-retention pods, irrigation, and landscaping
Click on an image to view photos and captions
About the Project
The original Frantz Coe Elementary School, built in 1907, was destroyed by fire in 2001. The current 75,214-square-foot building was constructed in 2003. This project will construct a six-classroom addition.
Design : Mahlum Architects
Construction: Western Ventures Construction, Inc.
Funding Source: Funded by State of Washington Distressed Schools Grant.
Project Manager : David L. Jackson, 206.735.8957, firstname.lastname@example.org
Frantz H. Coe Elementary School
2424 7th Ave W
Seattle, WA 98119