Coe Elementary School Classroom Addition
- Pre-design phase complete
- Schematic design phase complete
- Design development phase complete
- Construction documents/permitting phase complete
- Bid and award phase complete
- Construction in progress
- Addition opens after Winter Break
Progress updates are posted for the previous month the week after the monthly Building Excellence Capital Levy provides resources for school construction, renovations, and additions. More and Building Renovations, Technology and Academic/Athletics Levy provides resources for seismic improvements, roof More Capital Levies Oversight Committee meetings. These meetings typically take place on the first Friday of each month.
Major Activity in October 2021
Continued exterior construction work, including roofing, siding, and grading for bio retention ponds Continued interior construction work, including painting, ceiling grid and tile, and mechanical and electrical trim, flooring, doors and hardware, casework, audio-visual equipment
- Continued window installation; work nearly complete
- Completed interior stairs
- Began interior painting
- Continued mechanical, electrical, and plumbing installation
Major Activity Planned for November 2021
- Complete all interior construction activities
- Complete all exterior construction activities
- Begin punchlist activities
Click on an image to view photos and captions
About the Project
The original Frantz Coe Elementary School, built in 1907, was destroyed by fire in 2001. The current 75,214-square-foot building was constructed in 2003. This project will construct a six-classroom addition.
Design : Mahlum Architects
Construction: Western Ventures Construction, Inc.
Funding Source: Funded by State of Washington Distressed Schools Grant.
Project Manager : David L. Jackson, 206.735.8957, firstname.lastname@example.org
Frantz H. Coe Elementary School
2424 7th Ave W
Seattle, WA 98119