November 9, 2022 – Regular Board Meeting
Agenda – Final Posting (last updated 11/9/22)
Regular Legislative Session
Wednesday, November 9, 2022, 4:15 p.m.
Board of Directors
2445 – 3rd Avenue South
Seattle, Washington 98134
IMPORTANT NOTE: Public access to this meeting will be available both at the John Stanford Center for Educational Excellence and through remote access.
The meeting will be live streamed on SPSTV and broadcast on television on Comcast 26 (standard-def) and 319 (hi-def), Wave 26 (standard-def) and 695 (hi-def), and Century Link 8008 (standard-def) and 8508 (hi-def). To listen by phone, dial 206-800-4125 and use Conference ID 640 419 152#. This phone number and Conference ID will also be used by those who sign up to provide public testimony through the process described on the Agenda below.
All in-person attendees must adhere to any health and safety protocols communicated onsite. Please do not come to the John Stanford Center for Educational Excellence if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms: fever (100.4 F); chills; cough; shortness of breath or difficulty breathing; fatigue; muscle or body aches; headache; recent loss of taste or smell; sore throat; congestion or runny nose; nausea or vomiting; or diarrhea.
I. Call to Order – 4:15 p.m.
- General Welcome Announcement to Audience
- Roll Call
II. Superintendent Comments
Summative Data Review Goal 3: Graduation Rates and Advanced Course Completion (Materials updated 11/2/22)Item to be rescheduled to future meeting
III. School Board Student Member Comments
IV. Public Testimony – 4:30 p.m.
Members of the public who wish to address the board in person or by teleconference may sign up sign up for public testimony online or by calling 206-252-0040, beginning Monday, November 7, 2022 at 8 a.m. The public testimony list will be posted Tuesday, November 8, 2022. Those who are placed on the posted public testimony list may provide their testimony by dialing 206-800-4125 and using Conference ID 640 419 152#. For information on how the public testimony list is created, please visit the Board’s website.
|1||Chris Jackins||Minutes of Oct 26, 2022 Regular Board Meeting; Construction projects at Montlake/Alki/John Rogers/Madison|
|2||Jim Kramer||Fair Funding for Nova High School|
|3||Amy Hamilton||Fair funding for Nova High School|
|4||Glen Erik Hamilton||Nova High School funding and priority|
|6||Cherylynne Crowther||Behavior management for students with disabilities|
|7||Darleen Christopher||gun control|
V. Board Committee Reports
VI. Business Action Items
A. Consent Agenda
- Minutes of the October 26, 2022 Regular Board Meeting
- Minutes of the October 20, 2022 Executive Committee Meeting
- Minutes of the September 19, 2022 Operations Committee Meeting
- Minutes of the September 19, 2022 Audit and Finance Committee Meeting
- Minutes of the September 20, 2022 Student Services, Curriculum & Instruction Committee Meeting
- Personnel Report (Materials updated 11/1/22)
- Approval of use of Capital Fund excess resources from BTA IV to purchase maintenance fleet vehicles and auto repair shop equipment. Approval of this item would authorize the Superintendent to approve the use of Capital Fund excess Buildings, Technology, and Academics/Athletics (BTA) IV resources not to exceed $1,800,000 for the purchase of replacement maintenance vehicles and auto repair shop equipment with any minor additions, deletions, and modifications deemed necessary by the Superintendent to implement the purchase.
- Approval of the 2023 State Legislative Agenda Approval of this item would adopt the 2023 State Legislative Agenda, as attached to this Board Action Report.
B. Items Removed from the Consent Agenda
C. Action Items
- Resolution 2022/23-10, Certification of Excess Levies and Calculation of General Fund Levy Rollback for 2023. Approval of this item would approve Resolution 2022/23-10, Certifying Excess Levies and Calculation of the General Fund Levy Rollback for 2023, as attached to the Board Action report. Immediate action is in the best interest of the district. (Introduction & Action)
D. Introduction Items
Approval of Comprehensive School Counseling Program Transition Plan Approval of this item would approve the proposed Comprehensive School Counseling Program (CSCP) Transition Plan as attached to this report.Item to be rescheduled to future meeting
VII. Board Comments
Comments will be limited to two minutes per Director
VIII. Adjourn – 8:30 p.m.
A complete list of upcoming Board meetings and Director community meetings can be found on the School Board calendar website. If you have any questions, please contact the School Board Office at 206-252-0040.