January 12, 2022 – Regular Board Meeting
Agenda – FINAL Post (Updated 1/12/22 at 4 p.m.)
Regular Legislative Session
Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 4:15 p.m.
Board of Directors
Meeting to be held remotely
IMPORTANT NOTE: This meeting will be held remotely per the Governor’s proclamation allowing public agencies to conduct meetings subject to the Open Public Meetings Act remotely to curtail the spread of COVID-19.
The meeting will be live streamed on SPSTV and broadcast on television on Comcast 26 (standard-def) and 319 (hi-def), Wave 26 (standard-def) and 695 (hi-def), and Century Link 8008 (standard-def) and 8508 (hi-def). To listen by phone, dial 206-800-4125 and use Conference ID 386 010 921#. This phone number and Conference ID will also be used by those who sign up to provide public testimony through the process described on the Agenda below.
I. Call to Order – 4:15 p.m.
- General Welcome Announcement to Audience
- Roll Call
II. Superintendent Comments
- Student Outcomes Focused Governance Update
III. Business Action Items
A. Consent Agenda
- Minutes of the December 15, 2021 Regular Board Meeting
- Personnel Report (Updated 1/12/22)
- Approval of Courses with New Content as Defined by Superintendent Procedure 2026SP (SSC&I, Dec. 7, for approval) Approval of this item would approve the New Course Additions for School Year 2022-23 as attached to the Board Action Report.
- BEX V: Approval of Budget Transfer and Authorization for the Superintendent to Execute the Guaranteed Maximum Price Amendment for the Lincoln High School Phase 2 Project (Ops, Dec. 2, for approval) Approval of this item would approve a one-time budget increase of $7,303,308 for the Lincoln High School Phase 2 – Seismic Improvements Project revising the overall project budget from $28,968,384 to $36,271,692. Additional funding for the budget increase will come from: the utilization of $1,184,820 of eligible state funding for the Lincoln High School Gymnasium Building from the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction – School Construction Assistance Program; a budget transfer of $1,500,000 from the Lincoln High School Phase 1 – Modernization project budget underspend; and a budget transfer of $4,618,488 from the Building Excellence (BEX) V Capital Levy Program Contingency. Approval of this item would also authorize the Superintendent to execute the Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP) amendment for contract P5153 with Lydig Construction, Inc., in the amount of $22,391,465 plus Washington State sales tax, with any minor additions, deletions, and modifications deemed necessary by the Superintendent. (Updated Since Introduction)
- BEX IV/BTA IV/OSPI K-3 Class Size Reduction Grant: Resolution 2021/22-5, Final Acceptance of Contract P5177 with Lydig Construction, Inc., for the Daniel Bagley Elementary School Modernization and Addition project (Ops, Dec. 2, for approval) Approval of this item would adopt Resolution 2021/22-5 and accept the work performed under Contract P5177 with Lydig Construction, Inc., for the Daniel Bagley Elementary School Modernization and Addition project as final. (Updated 1/12/2022)
B. Items Removed from the Consent Agenda
IV. Board Committee Reports
V. Public Testimony – 5:00 p.m.
Members of the public who wish to address the board by teleconference may sign up online or by calling (206) 252-0040, beginning Monday, January 10, 2022 at 8:00 a.m. The public testimony list will be posted Tuesday, January 11, 2022. Those who are placed on the posted public testimony list may provide their testimony by dialing 206-800-4125 and using Conference ID 386 010 921#. For information on how the public testimony list is created, please visit the Board’s website.
|1||Rena Mateja Walker Burr||Covid Safety in schools|
|2||Chris Jackins||Consent Agenda Items 1-5, District Outside Consultants|
|3||Kay Smith-Blum||BEX V|
|4||Uti Hawkins||Safety and Health of school buildings|
|5||Sebrena Burr||School Safety; School Closure Plan; Effective Communication & Family Engagement|
|6||Ashanti Proctor||Covid safety for learning—SPEd.|
|7||Sheila Dunn||Remote learning|
|8||Kelsey McGrath||COVID safety|
VI. Business Action Items (Continued)
C. Action Items
- Acceptance of Learn To Return (L2R) Labor Support Fund grant for 2021-22 Approval of this item would authorize the Superintendent to execute the agreement with Health Commons Project attached to this School Board Action Report and accept grant funds in the amount of $3,797,362, for the Learn to Return Labor Support Fund, with any minor additions, deletions, and modifications deemed necessary by the Superintendent, and to take any necessary actions to accept the grant funds. Immediate action is in the best interest of the district. (Introduction & Action)
VII. Board Comments
Comments will be limited to two minutes per Director
VIII. Adjourn – 8:30 p.m.
A complete list of upcoming Board meetings and Director community meetings can be found on the School Board calendar website. If you have any questions, please contact the School Board Office at 206-252-0040.