Mental Health Services
Mental Health Services for Seattle Public Schools
The Mental Health Department supports the promotion and access of mental health and wellness across Seattle Public Schools. The Mental Health Department works to align system-wide practices with evidence-based procedures, state-wide mandates, and culturally-responsive services.
Department contact: Stephanie Elder, LMHC firstname.lastname@example.org 206-741-2698
Mental Health and Substance Use Support Services
During these uncertain times you might find that you’re in need of support. If you are 13 or older, you are able to contact mental health providers and receive confidential services.
School-Based Health Centers
Students have access to mental health and health services through the school-based health center located at their or a nearby school.
Substance Abuse Resources
12 Step Online
In the Rooms- A Global Recovery Community
Alcoholics Anonymous Online Intergroup
- The Washington Recovery Help Line: http://www.warecoveryhelpline.org/
- Overdose Response/Prevention: https://stopoverdose.org/
- Seattle Al-Anon and Alateen: https://www.seattle-al-anon.org/new-to-al-anon.html
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) Information for Teens: https://teens.drugabuse.gov/teens
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) Information for Parents: https://teens.drugabuse.gov/parents
- Substance Use Approved Partners for Youth Assessment and Outpatient Services in King County
CCORS – Children’s Crisis Outreach Response System and Intensive Stabilization Services (Services available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year for children experiencing a mental health crisis)
Crisis Connections 24-Hr Crisis Support
866-427-4747 or 206-461-3222
Crisis Text Line 24-Hr Support
Text HOME to 741741 to chat 24/7
King County Crisis Line 24-Hr Crisis Support
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 24-Hr Support
*If you have private insurance consider contacting your insurance provider for additional resources.