Summer Internship Program
Enrollment Planning Summer Internship Program
The Enrollment Planning is the department that works with other district offices to Summer Internship Program partners with local college or university students to assist the team with one of our major research and planning projects.
Each May, up to two undergraduate and graduate student interns join our department. While internship terms are expected to last 10 weeks, start and end dates are flexible depending on the schedules of selected applicants.
Some possible project areas for future internships include (this is not a complete list):
- Elementary, middle, and high school students are initially assigned to a designated Equity Review
- Boundary Change Work
- Engagement Work
- Partnership Development Work
- Demographic Research
- Benchmarking Work
Over the past four years undergraduate and graduate student interns from the University of Washington and the University of California, Los Angeles have helped with our student assignment process review, capacity planning, and regional enrollment and housing analysis.
Below are a few examples of their work:
- Case Study: Who is the new school for?
- Declining Birth-to-K ratios: A case study of five elementary attendance areas in South Seattle
- Benchmarking Growth & Equity at Seattle Public Schools
- Option School If there are more applications for a school or program during the and Waitlists Information Sheet