Parent Guardian Tour
To setup a Source account:
- You must be the parent or guardian of a student currently attending a Seattle Public School.
- You must have a valid email address in the student information system.
- You must use the email address on record at the school to setup your Source account.
To log onto the Source:
- In your web browser, type http://ps.seattleschools.org
Please bookmark this page.
- Enter your Source Username (email address) and Password, click Login .
NOTE: Each student's account may be different due to their grade level, activities and programs. Listed below are features you may see.
Cross Enrolled students (students who attend more than one Seattle Public Schools) have a tab on their schedule. Click the tab to switch schools.
Elementary Student Example:
Elementary assignment grades are not displayed on the Source.
Secondary Student Example :
Secondary Grade Details Example :
Click a grade or [i] to see grade details for secondary students.
- Click a student's name under the Source logo at the top to view another student.
- Click your student's photo for a larger view.
- Click the teacher's name to send an email.
- A small icon of two figures represents a co-teacher. Click the icon to see the co-teacher's name or send an email.
- SECONDARY student assignment grades are displayed after clicking the overall term grade. Red in the grade field indicates a failing grade.
- The [i] indicates no assignment grades have been entered. Click the [i] to see if assignments have been posted.
- Click an absence number to view more. Please visit the SPS attendance site to learn more.
- ELEMENTARY student assignment grades are not displayed on The Source. Classes shown for students in grades K-5 are not necessarily displayed in period order. They are a list of subjects the student will be studying throughout the day.
- If your student has a Program Support Course on their schedule, that is an ungraded placeholder class that provides access to Schoology resources.
Left Menu Features (Some features are grade specific, so you may not see all of the features listed) :
- Grades and Attendance: Overview of your student’s current classes, grades and attendance. Click a grade or absence to view more.
- Grade History: List of final grades for secondary students, not an official transcript.
- School Bulletin: Most schools post bulletins on their school website.
- School Information: School address and phone number.
- Class Registration: Students in grades 5-12 may select courses for the upcoming school year at schools using this feature. Parents and guardians may view choices, but only students are able to select classes. Contact the school office if you have questions.
- Assessments: Displays assessment results while attending Seattle Public Schools.
- Library: Displays the student’s current library record.
- Students may choose to apply for another attendance area school, including K-8: Parents and/or guardians will have access to the Students may choose to apply for another attendance area school, including K-8 form in the Source beginning in February through March. Electronic forms will be available on the Admissions webpage for any additional changes to your student’s choice application if needed.
- Schoology Access Codes: Schoology Access Codes and instructions. Click here to learn more about Schoology.
- Advanced Learning: Indicates program eligibility and/or final eligibility results from the current testing cycle. Parents/guardians may use this to refer their student for the next Advanced Learning Programs testing cycle.
- Elementary Progress Reports and Secondary Performance Reports: Parents and guardians may view their student's progress reports or performance reports by selecting the left menu item and then clicking the PDF link. The PDF will open based on browser settings. Elementary Progress Reports and Secondary Performance Reports are not on student Source accounts.
- Data Verification Form: Update your information online from the first day of school through the end of September. Learn more about the Data Verification Form.
- SchoolPay: At participating schools, make Seattle Public Schools purchases through SchoolPay.
- SchoolPay Email Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
- SchoolPay Phone Support: 888-88-MYPAY(69729)
- High School and Beyond: Four-year course plan for grades 8-12 (based on graduation requirements and future goals). Available to students now; coming soon to parents and guardians.
- 504 Home: For parents and guardians of students who have a 504 plan.
- Preferences: To change your password or Naviance preferences. To request view access of your student’s Naviance account, email email@example.com Please include your student’s full name and school when you make your request. Learn more about Naviance.
- Help: Technical tips, FAQs.
To View Grades and Attendance for SECONDARY Students:
- Grades and Attendance appear on the Source main menu.
- Exp is the same as period.
- The icon with two figures means there is a co-teacher. Click the icon to see the co-teacher's name or send an email.
- To view grade details click the grade. If there is no grade, click the [i] to see if the teacher has posted assignments or information.
- A summary of your student’s absences will display in the columns on the right. Click the number for more information about the absence.
- If a teacher has used special codes, refer to the legend at the bottom of the screen.
To View Attendance for ELEMENTARY Students:
- Click Grades and Attendance from the menu.
- A summary of your student’s absences will display below the schedule, you may need to scroll down. Click the number for more information about the absence.
NOTE: If you have an elementary student at a K8school, elementary absences will appear to be doubled as attendance is enteredfor both AM and PM. Click on the number of absences to view details. Contact the school office if you have questions.
To View Assessment Scores:
If your student successfully completed the MAP, State, Exams in math and biology allow students in grades 9-12 to be and/or WELPA assessments while attending Seattle Public Schools, you may find their scores on the Source.
- Click Assessments from the left menu.
- Using the links or drop-down menu, select the assessment you wish to view.
- Click Close Window when you are done.
NOTE: If your student did not take any assessments while attending Seattle Public Schools or did not complete the assessments, there will be no scores. If you have specific questions regarding your student’s assessment scores, please contact their school.
Example of State Assessment scores:
Each assessment page will have links families my click to learn more about the selected assessment.
To View Library information:
- Click Library from the menu to see if your student has checked out books, has overdue books, or has fines and fees.
- Click Close Window when you are done.