The Source for Student Information
What is the Source?
Parent and guardian Source accounts display attendance, assessment scores, Elementary Progress Reports, Secondary Performance Reports, secondary student assignment scores, SchoolPay, Schoology Access Codes and other information.
- Parents and guardians of students actively enrolled in Seattle Public Schools More may set up an account.
- Students actively enrolled in Seattle Public Schools More will receive a username and password from their school. If your student does not know their username, needs a password reset or help logging in, contact a teacher or the school librarian.
REMINDER: Students do not include @seattleschools.org when logging onto the Source, example: 1student
Setup Your Parent or Guardian Source Account
The video below explains how to set up a Source and Schoology account:
- Amharic: Getting Started with Schoology for Families
- Chinese: Getting Started with Schoology for Families
- Somali: Getting Started with Schoology for Families
- Spanish: Getting Started with Schoology for Families
- Vietnamese: Getting Started with Schoology for Families
Log In to the Source
The Source Frequently Asked Questions
What do parents and guardians need to set up a Source account?
- You must be the parent or guardian of a student actively enrolled in Seattle Public Schools More.
- Your valid email address must be on record at each student’s school.
I forgot my username
Your Source username is the email address you provided for the school record. If you do not remember, please contact the school.
Is a student missing from your account?
If you have a Source account, but a student is missing, contact the school to update the email address on the student’s school record and confirm the Parent/Guardian box is selected. Allow about 30 minutes for any changes to sync with the Source. Clear the cache on your browser, close your browser, reopen and log onto the Source to see the student on your account.
Forget or need to change the password?
Is there an APP to access the Source?
There is an APP through our vendor. The PowerSchool mobile APP does not include Seattle Public Schools More customizations found on parent Source accounts including Assessment Scores, Report Cards and Progress Reports. To see all features, log into the web version of the Source.
If you wish to use the APP, the Seattle Public Schools More district code is: KDND
All notifications on the APP are all set to default on. To manage your notifications on the PowerSchool APP:
- Launch the PowerSchool APP
- Click the More icon from the lower right
- Click Account
- To manage Push Notifications
- Slide the button to the left to turn off Attendance and/or Grade Change notifications
- To manage Email Notifications
- If you have more than one child at Seattle Public Schools More, select a student
- Slide each button to the left to turn off the notification you do not wish to receive
- Repeat for each student
I can log onto my account, but get an error when I try to reach some features:
In most cases, clearing the cache on your browser, closing and reopening TWICE will resolve the problem. You can also try using a different browser.
Can I manage my password with Keychain Technology?
If you choose to use a Keychain to manage your Source password, at each log in, you may be asked if you would like to update the password. In order to use the stored password, you must select not now. Seattle Public Schools More is unable to address problems parents and guardians may have with password storage software.
Where can I find my student’s username?
Log onto your Source account. Your student’s username will appear next to their photo.
Assignment details out of order?
When using an iPhone to view Source Grade Details, some users may notice assignments are out of order. To resolve this, refresh the screen by clicking the curved arrow symbol at the top of the screen near the URL.
Why are dots showing up in the password field of the source log on screen?
Typically, if you get the extra dots and cannot log on, it is because you have forgotten your password, have a stored password you have not updated, or someone else used your device and stored a password. Try clearing your cache, delete the dots and type in your password. You may want to set your browser to not store passwords or try a different browser.
Why do I receive a Security Violation or Unauthorized message/disabled accounts?
If you get a security violation or unauthorized message when trying to set up your Source account, it may be disabled. To resolve the problem:
- Contact the main office of your student’s school to confirm or update your email address.
- After the email address is confirmed, contact email@example.com to report you have confirmed your email address and need your Source account enabled.
I am Traveling internationally (taking a trip outside the U.S.) Why can’t I access The Source?
The Admissions Office firstname.lastname@example.org has limited international network access for students to official school breaks, like mid-winter or spring break and only upon request. Otherwise, students are to follow the attendance policy for in-person learning.
If you would like to request international network access during an official school break, please submit your request to email@example.com with your student’s name and the dates of school break.
During enrollment, where can I find my student’s school assignment?
The Assignment Lookup Tool is available during enrollment. If you need assistance, please contact Admissions at 206-252-0760 or customer service.
Please visit our Technical Tips page.
If after reviewing these resources, you still need assistance,
email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Brief description of the problem
- Your full name and relationship to the student
- Each student’s full name
- Each student’s 7 digit Seattle Schools student ID#
- Each student’s school