Professional Development for Education Partners
Professional Development (PD) for Education Partners
The School and Community Partnerships Department is committed to offering supports that build the capacity of community-based organizations and schools to align their work and effectively and authentically partner.
The planned supports are guided by our Professional Development Advisory Committee, which includes community-based organizations, the City of Seattle, Seattle Public Schools (Seattle Public Schools More), and feedback from partners. Some opportunities are designed only for community-based organization staff and volunteers, while others are open to both to school staff and partners.
Please note that we will continue adding trainings and partner check-ins throughout the year, and will announce those updates through our community partner email. If you would like to be added to this monthly email, please send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2023-24 PD Calendar for Partners
Looking for more professional development opportunities? If you are looking for other learning opportunities, here are some organizations that often share information about upcoming professional development options for people who work with youth.
- Seattle Tutoring Coalition for workshops designed for tutors
- Sign up for Southeast Seattle Education Coalition’s newsletter
- Like the King County Youth Development Network Facebook page for trainings and job postings
- Like the Creative Advantage Facebook page
- Seattle Art Museum webpage for arts-oriented workshops for educators and teaching artists in Seattle