January 26, 2022 – Regular Board Meeting
Agenda – FINAL Post
Regular Legislative Session
Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 4:15 p.m.
Board of Directors
Meeting to be held remotely
IMPORTANT NOTE: This meeting will be held remotely per the Governor’s proclamation allowing public agencies to conduct meetings subject to the Open Public Meetings Act remotely to curtail the spread of COVID-19.
The meeting will be live streamed on SPSTV and broadcast on television on Comcast 26 (standard-def) and 319 (hi-def), Wave 26 (standard-def) and 695 (hi-def), and Century Link 8008 (standard-def) and 8508 (hi-def). To listen by phone, dial 206-800-4125 and use Conference ID 678 233 144#. This phone number and Conference ID will also be used by those who sign up to provide public testimony through the process described on the Agenda below.
I. Call to Order – 4:15 p.m.
- General Welcome Announcement to Audience
- Roll Call
II. Superintendent Comments
III. Business Action Items
A. Consent Agenda
- Minutes of the December 8, 2021 Board Special Meeting, January 5, 2022 Board Special Meeting, and January 12, 2022 Regular Board Meeting
- Warrants Report – December
The following warrants as audited and certified by the auditing officer, as required by RCW 42.24.08, are approved for payment:
|Capital Project Fund||Vendor||$20,041,880.42|
|Associated Student Body Fund||Vendor||$95,551.69|
|Expendable Trust Fund||Vendor||$1,000.00|
*Note – Payroll total reflects warrants issued to employees. It does not however, reflect cash transfer amounts in payment of employees’ Direct Deposit payroll.
B. Items Removed from the Consent Agenda
IV. Board Committee Reports
V. Public Testimony – 5:00 p.m.
Members of the public who wish to address the board by teleconference may sign up online or by calling (206) 252-0040, beginning Monday, January 24, 2022 at 8:00 a.m. The public testimony list will be posted Tuesday, January 25, 2022. Those who are placed on the posted public testimony list may provide their testimony by dialing 206-800-4125 and using Conference ID 678 233 144#. For information on how the public testimony list is created, please visit the Board’s website.
|1||Chris Jackins||Resolution No. 2021/22-15, Roof Repair Contract, SATP, building commissioning report for the Wing Luke Elementary School project|
|2||Sebrena Burr||Black Lives Matter in School Resolution & Family Engagement|
|3||Jon Kiehnau||Student Assignment Plan|
|5||Jennifer Matter||Black Lives Matter at School and Current Crisis from COVID|
|6||Natalya McConnell||Covid safety-implement students demands|
VI. Business Action Items (Continued)
C. Action Items
- Adoption of School Board Resolution No. 2021/22-15, declaring that the lives of Black students matter, as well as the lives of all of our underserved students; that we affirm the demands of the Black Lives Matter At School Movement, and that we encourage participation district-wide in the national Black Lives Matter At School Week from January 31 – February 4, 2022 and Year of Purpose 2021-22 (Exec, Jan. 19, for approval) Approval of this item would adopt School Board Resolution No. 2021/22-15, as attached to the Board Action Report. Immediate action is in the best interest of the district. (Introduction & Action)
D. Introduction Items
- Approval to repair and perform roof coating restoration of the low slope roofs at Whitman Middle School, Washington Middle School, Lowell Elementary and Decatur Elementary Schools during spring/summer 2022 (Ops, Jan. 13, for approval) Approval of this item would authorize the Superintendent to execute a contract with Garland/DBS, Inc. to manage the repair and roof coating restoration project proposals in the amount of $3,418,496, at Whitman Middle school (proposal 25-WA-211116), Washington Middle School (proposal 25-WA-211119), Lowell Elementary (proposal 25-WA-211118) and Decatur Elementary (proposal 25-WA-211117) dated December 2, 2021, as attached to the School Board Action Report, with any minor additions, deletions, modifications, and actions deemed necessary by the Superintendent to implement the contract.
- Approval of the Student Assignment Transition Plan for 2022-23 (Ops, Jan. 13, for consideration) Approval of this item would approve the Student Assignment Transition Plan for 2022-23 as attached to the Board Action Report.
- BEX V: Award Architectural & Engineering Contract P1952 to Mahlum Architects for the Alki Elementary School Modernization and Addition project (Ops, Jan. 13, for approval) Approval of this item would authorize the Superintendent to execute A/E contract P1952 with Mahlum Architects in the amount of $4,498,377 for the Alki Elementary School Modernization and Addition project, with any minor additions, deletions, modifications, and actions deemed necessary by the Superintendent to implement the contract.
- BEX V: Award Architectural & Engineering Contract P1953 to DLR Group, Inc. for the John Rogers Elementary School Replacement project (Ops, Jan. 13, for approval) Approval of this item would authorize the Superintendent to execute A/E contract P1953 with DLR Group, Inc. in the amount of $5,344,284 for the John Rogers Elementary School Replacement project, with any minor additions, deletions, modifications, and actions deemed necessary by the Superintendent to implement the contract.
- BEX IV Resolution 2021/22-14: Acceptance of the Final Building Commissioning Report for the Wing Luke Elementary School project (Ops, Jan. 13, for approval) Approval of this item would adopt Resolution 2021/22-14, accepting the building commissioning report for the Wing Luke Elementary School project.
VII. Board Comments
Comments will be limited to two minutes per Director
VIII. Adjourn – 8:30 p.m.
A complete list of upcoming Board meetings and Director community meetings can be found on the School Board calendar website. If you have any questions, please contact the School Board Office at 206-252-0040.