December 14, 2022 – Regular Board Meeting
Agenda – Final Posting 12/14/22
Regular Legislative Session
Wednesday, December 14, 2022, 4:15 p.m.
Board of Directors
2445 – 3rd Avenue South
Seattle, Washington 98134
IMPORTANT NOTE: Public access to this meeting will be available both at the John Stanford Center for Educational Excellence and through remote access.
The meeting will be live streamed on SPSTV and broadcast on television on Comcast 26 (standard-def) and 319 (hi-def), Wave 26 (standard-def) and 695 (hi-def), and Century Link 8008 (standard-def) and 8508 (hi-def). To listen by phone, dial 206-800-4125 and use Conference ID 928 502 443#. This phone number and Conference ID will also be used by those who sign up to provide public testimony through the process described on the Agenda below.
All in-person attendees must adhere to any health and safety protocols communicated onsite. Please do not come to the John Stanford Center for Educational Excellence if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms: fever (100.4 F); chills; cough; shortness of breath or difficulty breathing; fatigue; muscle or body aches; headache; recent loss of taste or smell; sore throat; congestion or runny nose; nausea or vomiting; or diarrhea.
I. Call to Order – 4:15 p.m.
- General Welcome Announcement to Audience
- Roll Call
II. Superintendent Comments
III. School Board Student Member Comments
IV. Board Comments
V. Public Testimony – 4:30 p.m.
Members of the public who wish to address the board in person or by teleconference may sign up sign up for public testimony online or by calling 206-252-0040, beginning Monday, December 12, 2022 at 8:00 a.m. The public testimony list will be posted Tuesday, December 13, 2022. Those who are placed on the posted public testimony list may provide their testimony by dialing 206-800-4125 and using Conference ID 928 502 443#. For information on how the public testimony list is created, please visit the Board’s website.
|1||Sarah Da Silva Jackson||Student Testimony|
|2||Chris Jackins||Amendments to Board Policies 1400, 1410, 1430, 1430BP; Report on progress monitoring goals; Construction at Montlake/ John Rogers/Alki/Madison|
|4||Cherylynne Crowther||Special Education Department|
|5||Christie Robertson||Removing school quotas for disabled kids|
VI. Business Action Items
A. Consent Agenda
Required Approvals (Introduction & Action)
- Minutes of the November 30, Regular Board Meeting (added to agenda 12/9/22)
- Personnel Report
- Warrants Report
The following warrants as audited and certified by the auditing officer, as required by RCW 42.24.08, are approved for payment:
|Capital Project Fund||Vendor||$8,548,173.40|
|Associated Student Body Fund||Vendor||$69,190.07|
|Expendable Trust Fund||Vendor||$0|
Consent Agenda Items Previously Introduced
4. Approval of Comprehensive School Counseling Program Transition Plan Approval of this item would approve the proposed Comprehensive School Counseling Program (CSCP) Transition Plan as attached to this report.
- Amendment of Board Policy Nos. 1400, Meeting Conduct, Order of Business & Quorum; 1410, Executive or Closed Sessions; and 1430, Audience Participation; and Board Procedure 1430BP, Audience Participation. Approval of this item would amend Board Policy Nos. 1400, Meeting Conduct, Order of Business & Quorum; 1410, Executive or Closed Sessions; and 1430, Audience Participation; and Board Procedure 1430BP, Audience Participation, as attached to the Board Action Report. Additionally, revisions to Board Policy No. 1400, Meeting Conduct, Order of Business & Quorum, approved through this action be retained, as applicable, should the policy revert to a prior version when the partial suspension and temporary modification of that policy approved October 26, 2022 sunsets July 31, 2023. (Updated Since Introduction)
B. Items Removed from the Consent Agenda
C. Election of Officers – Election of the Board Officers: President, Vice President, and Member-at-Large
D. Introduction Items
- Approval of 2022-23 Superintendent Evaluation Instrument Approval of this item would approve the 2022-23 Superintendent Evaluation documents, as attached to the Board Action Report. (Updated 12/12/22)
VII. Progress Monitoring: Goal 2.1 and 2.2 (60 minutes)
VIII. Work Session: Transportation (30 minutes)
IX. Informational Items
- Monthly Budget Status Report
- Board Director Questions and Staff Responses for December 14, 2022 Regular Board Meeting (added 12/12/22)
X. Adjourn – 8:30 p.m.
A complete list of upcoming Board meetings and Director community meetings can be found on the School Board calendar website. If you have any questions, please contact the School Board Office at 206-252-0040.