Research and Library Resources
SPS Student Digital Resources
Below is a list of District-subscribed online research resources for students plus links to resources available through Seattle Public Library. Ask your school librarian for more information on these resources and to gain access if you are unable to view through Clever.
- TumbleBook Library Online collection of animated, talking picture books for younger readers.
- Libby App for e-books and audiobooks from thousands of public libraries.
- Sora -The K-12 app for reading e-books in the Seattle Public Schools collection.
- Seattle Public Library e-book collection – Available using an SPL library card, or to all students through their Library Link account.
- Gale Includes Gale in Context (including elementary) and Gale One File, filled with encyclopedias, almanacs, and specialized reference sources for multidisciplinary research
- Pebble Go Designed exclusively for the needs of K-3 researchers. Includes collections of science, health, biographies, animals, and social studies
- Britannica Schools Online encyclopedia designed to cover major areas of knowledge uniformly, but it shows particular strength in scientific, technical, and medical subjects
- Britannica Escolar Online encyclopedia in Spanish
- ABC-CLIO Health and Wellness Issues includes articles from journals and magazines covering health issues in the news
- Novelist K-8 Makes it quick and easy to find the books you will love, tailored for students in grades k-8
- TeachingBooks A District-subscribed site with a multi-media dimension to the reading experiences of children’s and young adult books.
- Seattle Public Schools Online Seattle Public Schools library catalog. Search by location, reading level, award winners and more.
- Seattle Public Library (SPL) access via Library Link Access to ebooks and all online resources from the library’s subscription using a student ID number.
Magazines and Newspapers
- Newsbank Includes newspaper collections like Black Life in America and Access World News Research Collection and Research Rocket
- ABC CLIO Books and articles for research with collections that include American Government, American History, American Indian Experience, Daily Life Through History, Pop Culture Universe, Health and Wellness Issues and World Geography
- Infobase Issues & Controversies and Issues & Controversies in History
- SIRS Issues A ProQuest database concentrating on timely issues