Family Connectors University
Summary: Family Connectors University is now enrolling for the fall term.
Enrollment Now Open for Family Connectors University
Family Connectors University is now enrolling for the fall term! All SPS families are invited to join North Seattle College’s Family Connectors University (FCU), a family-focused online course designed to help parents and caregivers support their child’s learning and growth.
FCU topics include:
- Helping your child with learning
- Social Emotional Learning ideas for home
- Becoming a supportive partner at your school
- Helping your child with ‘big emotions’
- Supporting your child with reading and math
- Talking to kids about race, racism, and antiracist actions
Take this course in real-time or attend offline at a time that works for you. The class takes place online via Zoom for 10 weeks beginning Tuesday, Sept. 27 at 6-7 pm. Parents can participate synchronously or asynchronously, as sessions will be recorded. The course is facilitated by NSC Parent Education Instructor Lea Evans, Principal Janine Roy, SPS Family Partnerships Coordinator Asosa Sailiai, and special guest speakers. Check out Family Connectors video and course details
The cost for the 2-unit class is $39.42, and some scholarships are available.