Family Connectors University
Summary: Family Connectors University is now enrolling for the winter term.
Enrollment Now Open for Family Connectors University
Family Connectors University is now enrolling! All SPS families are invited to join North Seattle College’s Family Connectors University (FCU), a family-focused online course designed to help parents and caregivers support their child’s learning and growth.
Take this course in real-time or attend offline at a time that works for you. The class takes place online via Zoom for 10 weeks beginning Tuesday, Jan. 17, 2023, from 6-7 p.m. Parents can participate synchronously or asynchronously, as sessions will be recorded.
FCU topics include:
- Helping your child with learning
- Social Emotional Learning ideas for home
- Becoming a supportive partner at your school
- Helping your child with ‘big emotions’
- Supporting your child with reading and math
- Talking to kids about race, racism, and antiracist actions
The course is facilitated by NSC Parent Education Instructor Lea Evans, SPS Family Partnerships Coordinator Asosa Sailiai, and special guest speakers.
The cost for the 2-unit class is $39.42, and some scholarships are available.