Student Username and Password
- New SPS Students
- All SPS Students
- Student Portal (Clever)
- Default Passwords
- Forget your password
- Using a personal device
- How to Log in to the Student Portal (Clever) and Schoology
- Additional Resources
- Students who need help with their SPS laptop or iPad at home
- Student Email and Meeting Tools
- Traveling internationally (taking a trip outside the U.S.)?
- To setup your password at school
- Student Password Reset
Student Username, Password and Portal Login Information
New SPS Students
If you have never logged onto the Seattle Public Schools Student Portal, need your username, or a password reset, contact a teacher, your counselor or the school librarian.
All SPS Students
Your username is located on your parent or guardian’s Source account , near your photo. All student usernames begin with 1.
- Example: 1jrsmith
Some students will have numbers at the end of their username to ensure each Seattle Public Schools student has a unique username.
- Example: 1jrsmith2
Student Portal (Clever)
- When logging onto the Student Portal students include @seattleschools.org after their username
- When logging onto the Source, students only enter the beginning of their username
If this is your first time logging in, contact your school for your default password. After entering your username and default password, you will get a prompt to create a new password:
- At least 7 characters long for grades 5-12
- At least 4 characters long for grades K-4
If you need help, please contact your teacher, counselor or school librarian.
Forget your password
- If you forgot your current password but remember the previous password, you may be able to reset it by visiting https://onedrive.seattleschools.org
- If you do not remember any previous passwords, ask any teacher, your counselor or school librarian for help.
Using a personal device
To access the Student Portal, students will be logging in with Microsoft 365. If you share a computer with your family, please make sure you use different browsers. For example, if one person uses Chrome, have the person use Firefox. Also, students should NOT use the Schoology APP, ALWAYS use the Student Portal to log in.
How to Log in to the Student Portal (Clever) and Schoology
Step-by-Step Student Portal Login Instructions
- Open an internet browser and go to: www.seattleschools.org
- Click the Clever Student Portal link
- Select Log in with Active Directory
- Enter your full username ( example: email@example.com) and click Next
- Enter your password and click Sign In
- You are now in the Student Portal, select the applications that are available for you to use
NOTE: To log onto the Source , enter your username without @seattleschools.org and your password:
- Schoology Student Guide
- Join a Microsoft Teams Meeting using a personal computer
- Join a Microsoft Teams Meeting using a SPS student device
- Technology Support for Families
The Pearson resource is not on the Student Portal, please contact your teacher for more information.
Students who need help with their SPS laptop or iPad at home
To log on to student laptops, students enter their Seattle Public Schools username Example: 1jrsmith and password.
If students are unable to log on or need assistance:
- By Phone: 206-252- 0100
Supported Monday- Friday from 7 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. and if the line is busy you can leave a voice mail.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org, monitored Monday-Friday from 7 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Student Email and Meeting Tools
Student email addresses are the same format as their Student Portal username.
Traveling internationally (taking a trip outside the U.S.)?
If you will be traveling internationally during the school year and need access to Seattle Public Schools resources, please email our CyberSecurity Team email@example.com prior to your departure to insure you will have uninterrupted access while traveling.
To setup your password at school
- Go to a student computer at school that is logged off.
- Hold down the Ctrl and Alt keys, then tap the Delete key.
- Enter the Student Username your teacher or librarian gave you in the
- Enter the default password your teacher or librarian gave you in the Password field.
- You will get a prompt that your password has expired and you need to create a new one. Enter and confirm a new password that is 7 or more characters.
- Once you have successfully created your new password and have logged onto the student computer, please try logging onto the Student Portal!
Student Password Reset
After your teacher or school librarian provides a password, or if you know your current password, but wish to change it, follow these steps to create a new password.
- Open an internet browser and go to: https://onedrive.seattleschools.org
- Enter your username that starts with 1 and ends with @seattleschools.org
- Click Next
- Enter your username again.
Example: firstname.lastname@example.org and the password created for you.
- Click Sign in.
- You will get a prompt to update your password. Enter the password the teacher or librarian created for you in the Old password field.
- In the New password field, enter the password you wish to use. Student passwords must be at least:
- Type the password again, in the Confirm new password field.
- Click the Submit button.
- You will return to the log in screen. Enter your username again.
Example: email@example.com and the password you just created. Click Sign in.
If you have trouble, contact your teacher or school librarian.