Free and Reduced Price Meals
Applying for School Meal Benefits
Students approved for free and reduced price meals may be eligible to receive reduced fees for the following programs:
- Event Fees
- Field Trips
- Advanced Placement Tests
- A recognized alternative course offered by colleges made available to high school Books
- Associated Student Body (Associated Student Body (ASB)) Fees
- Pre-College Exams (Preliminary Scholastic Aptitude Test (PSAT) helps juniors prepare for the SAT and/SAT/ACT)
- College Application Fees
Instructions on completing and submitting your application are provided below. Please email the Nutrition Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need additional assistance.
You can apply for free and reduced price meals online with our safe, private, and secure application on PayPams. More information on the online application process
Download the instructions and applications below. Complete and accurate applications are required for timely processing.
- Amharic Meal Application
- Chinese Meal Application
- English Meal Application
- Somali Meal Application
- Spanish Meal Application
- Vietnamese Meal Application
Submitting Applications Before the School Year Begins
We encourage all eligible families to submit a new application for free and reduced price meals prior to the start of each new school year. Families have the ability to fill out the Free and Reduced Price Meal Application online at www.paypams.com/onlineapp. Copies of applications will also be available at every school office and lunchroom. Completed applications should be mailed to:
Culinary Services – MS: 32-372 Seattle Public Schools
2445 3rd Ave S
P.O. Box 34165
Seattle, WA 98124
Applications can also be emailed to email@example.com, or faxed to 206-252-0664.
Submitting Applications After the School Year Begins
Applications are accepted anytime throughout the school year, and can be submitted to your student’s lunchroom or mailed to CUlinary Services.
Who Should Apply?
You should complete the Free and Reduced Price Meal Application if:
- Your household income is SAME or LESS than the amount on the Income Chart (see below).
- You receive Basic Food
- You take part in the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- You receive Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- You are applying for a Foster Child
|Family Size||Yearly Gross Income||Monthly Gross Income||Twice Per Month Gross Income||Every Two Weeks Gross Income||Weekly Gross Income|
|Each additional household member add:||+ $8,399||+ $700||+ $350||+ $324||+ $162|