Free and Reduced Price Meals
Applying for School Meal Benefits
Students approved for free and reduced price meals may be eligible to receive reduced fees for the following programs:
- Event Fees
- Field Trips
- Advanced Placement Tests
- A recognized alternative course offered by colleges made available to high school More Books
- Associated Student Body (Associated Student Body (ASB) More) Fees
- Pre-College Exams (Preliminary Scholastic Aptitude Test (PSAT) helps juniors prepare for the SAT and More/SAT/ACT)
- College Application Fees
- Yearbook Fees
Schools with free student meals 2023-24
Schools with free meals for all students
Seattle Public Schools has several schools that will offer free meals (breakfast and lunch) for all students. See a list of schools that will offer free meals for all students.
Who Should Apply for Free and Reduced Price Meals?
If your student’s school is on the list above, please do not complete the Free and Reduced Price Meal Application. These schools have a different form for families. Please see above.
You should complete the Free and Reduced Price Meal Application if:
- Your household income is the SAME or LESS than the amount on the Income Chart below.
- You receive Basic Food
- You take part in the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- You receive Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- You are applying for a Foster Child
USDA Child Nutrition Program Income Guidelines
Effective July 1–June 30, 2024
|Yearly Gross Income||Monthly Gross Income||Twice Per Month Gross Income||Every Two Weeks Gross Income||Weekly Gross Income|
|For each additional family member, add:||+$9,509||+$793||+$397||+$366||+$183|
How to Apply
We encourage all eligible families to submit a new application for free and reduced price meals prior to the start of each new school year. Applications are accepted anytime throughout the school year.
The application can be submitted online. Paper applications are also available below and at every school office and lunchroom.
Instructions on completing and submitting your application are provided below. Please email the Culinary Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need additional assistance.
You can apply for free and reduced price meals online with our safe, private, and secure application on PayPams. More information on the online application process
Download the instructions and applications below. Complete and accurate applications are required for timely processing.
- Amharic Meal Application and Letter to Families (Amharic)
- Chinese Meal Application and Letter to Families (Chinese)
- English Meal Application and Letter to Families (English)
- Somali Meal Application and Letter to Families (Somalil)
- Spanish Meal Application and Letter to Families (Spanish)
- Vietnamese Meal Application and Letter to Families(Vietnamese)
Completed paper applications can be sent via email, fax, or mail to Culinary Services:
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 206-252-0664
- Culinary Services – MS: 32-372 Seattle Public Schools
2445 3rd Ave S
P.O. Box 34165
Seattle, WA 98124