American Indian Studies Resources
District policy is that all classroom teachers use ONLY district adopted and state required Since Time Immemorial Curriculum and recommended resources and materials (RCW 28A.320.170) to teach tribal sovereignty and history at EVERY grade level. SPS further encourages teachers to integrate resources into all content areas.
SPS Teachers can access all lesson materials on the SPS Schoology American Indian Studies Course Page.
NEW Yearlong Washington State History Scope and Sequence
Now there are two semesters of 7th grade Washington State History! Each semester emphasizes tribal history and sovereignty. Check it out! SPS Washington State History Scope and Sequence
Washington State Tribal History, Since Time Immemorial
- Land-Based People, Lesson 1
- Land-Based People, Lesson 2
- Land-Based People, Lesson 3
- Discovery Doctrine, Treaties, Statehood & Tribal Sovereignty
- Discrimination & the Development of Washington State
- Fish Wars & Boldt Decision
- Since Time Immemorial, Review 1
- Since Time Immemorial, Review 2
- The Fur Trade, Review
- Washington State Industry
- Washington State’s World Fairs
Native Storytelling & Lessons, PBS Learning Media (videos & discussion guides)
Vision Maker Media, a Native film production company, and PBS Learning Media partnered to bring us storytelling and lessons about Native Nations across North America, including perennial border issues in Indian Country.
Math, Literacy, History, Science, Physical Education, Arts & Music, Social Emotional Learning