6213 Reimbursement for Travel Expenses
The School Board recognizes that it may be necessary and beneficial for Board members, staff, students and agents of the district to travel outside of the Seattle School District to provide opportunities in the following areas:
• Research and development in curriculum focus areas;
• Presentation of district programs and activities;
• District related operations;
• Recruiting the work force;
• Professional development;
• To comply with specific grant requirements; or
• Other travel deemed necessary by the Superintendent.
The School Board encourages the use of technological solutions, where appropriate, to minimize the cost of travel.
Travel reimbursement shall follow the Travel Procedures as outlined by the Superintendent.