School Levy Voter Pamphlet Statement Committees
Summary: Join a committee to help SPS publish voters’ pamphlet statements of support or opposition for the 2022 levies.
Solicitation of interest to prepare statements for voters’ pamphlet advocating approval and rejection of levy measures
At its regular meeting on November 3, 2021, the School Board will be voting on resolutions that would place two levies on the ballot in February 2022. Both replace levies that expire in 2022.
The three-year $646.8 million Educational Programs and Operations Levy (EP&O) would replace the expiring EP&O, which was approved by Seattle voters in 2019.
The six-year $765 million Buildings, Technology and Academics/Athletics V Capital Levy (BTA V) would replace the expiring Buildings, Technology and Academics (BTA IV), which was approved by Seattle voters in 2016.
How to Join this Effort
As required by state law, the district must appoint committees to prepare written statements in support of and in opposition to each levy. These statements will appear in the King County voters’ pamphlet. Each committee is limited by law to three members, although committees may seek the advice of others.
If you are interested in serving on a committee advocating for approval or rejection of either levy, please submit by email, fax or mail (see instructions below) a statement with the following information:
- Your name and contact information
- Which of the following four committees you wish to serve on:
- For approval of Educational Programs and Operations Levy (EP&O)
- For rejection of Educational Programs and Operations Levy (EP&O)
- For approval of Buildings, Technology and Academics/Athletics V Capital Levy (BTA V)
- For rejection of Buildings, Technology and Academics/Athletics V Capital Levy (BTA V)
- A brief statement of why you should be selected to prepare the written statement you have selected.
Expressions of interest must be received by the Board Office not later than Friday, October 15, 2021.
Submissions can be submitted:
Seattle Public Schools
2445 3rd Avenue South
PO Box 34165
Seattle, WA 98124-1165