Skip To ContentSkip To Content
    Vaccine information for Families
    Posted on 10/24/2019

    Vaccine information for Families

    Washington state law requires that students are fully vaccinated, be in the process of completing immunizations, or have a signed Certificate of Exemption in order to attend school.

    Student records must reflect updated immunization status by January 8, 2020, or students cannot attend school until the required information is provided to the school nurse.

    Families of students whose records are not up to date or are missing information will be notified the week of November 1 via email, postal mail, and a letter home from your child’s school.

    Read the King County immunization schedule for children.

    Next Steps if You Receive this Letter

    • If your child has received the required immunizations and you have a medically verified record from your health care provider, please scan and email to or bring the record to your child’s school nurse. Please make sure to keep a copy for your records.
    • If your child has NOT received these immunizations, bring the letter and your child’s immunization record to your child’s health care provider to get vaccinated and provide vaccination verification to your child’s school nurse when complete.
    • If your child has an upcoming appointment to get vaccinated with your health care provider, let your school nurse know of the appointment date.
    • If you have medical or religious reasons for not vaccinating your child, bring a completed Certificate of Exemption form to your child’s school.
      • Note: as of July 28, 2019, Personal exemption is no longer allowed for the MMR (Measles, Mumps Rubella) per Washington House Bill 1638.
    • If you have a lab report from your health care provider that shows that your child is already immune to the disease, email or bring the report or documentation of immunity to your child’s school nurse.

    Check your Child’s Immunization Record

    Washington state residents: You can download a copy of your child’s immunization record by going to MyIR immunization records website. You must register for an account and then log in. Go to “MyImmunizations” at the top of the page and click the “Certificate of Immunization” button to download the pre-filled CIS. Save to your computer.

    You can also call or email the Department of Health office at or 1-866-397-0337.

    For out-of-state student immunization records, visit Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website to find the contact information for your state.

    For more information about required immunizations, including locations of School Based Health Centers, visit the Seattle Public Schools Health Services Immunizations webpage.