IPAC Meeting Minutes – 2022/09/08
Seattle Public Schools Native Education
Title Vl, Indian Parent Advisory Committee (IPAC)
Thursday, September 8, 2022
In attendance: Emma Medicine White Crow, Amy Markishtum, Lisa McCaul, Tonia Galindo, Gail Morris, Trina Nonis, Brian Vann, Donna HW, Clysta Cole
- Meeting started at 5:01pm
- Greeting and Prayer – Emma
- Approval of May 19, 2022 IPAC meeting minutes
- Motion to Approve: Emma
- Second: Amy
- Motion: passed
Native Ed Update
- Computers will be distributed to those families in need once the school year starts.
- Hiring of new staff
- Online courses offered now in Ethnic Studies, including Native Studies (NE). NE teacher-to-teacher English and Native Literature (ELAEnglish language arts is the academic subject of reading and writing. More credit class).
Culture night: Mishella Brien wants to come back to do Culture Night. Thinking of bi-monthly on Tuesday or Thursday nights at Meany Middle School. (1st and 3rd of each month)
- Seattle Rep offers free tickets and free event space to local Native people. More information will be sent out soon.
- Parents, please recruit new IPAC members for the upcoming school year.
- IPAC is invited to attend SPSSeattle Public Schools More board meeting 9/28 to stand by Clysta presenting posthumous diploma legislation to SPSSeattle Public Schools More
Meeting ended at 6:10pm
Next Meeting will be October 13, 2022
We encourage all parents and guardians of Seattle Public Schools Native American and Alaskan Native Students to attend. The role of the Title Vl Native Education Parent Advisory Committee is to consult with and advise the Seattle School District on the development and operation of the Title Vl Program, assist in the development and approval of the Title Vl grant, and to help organize and conduct community cultural events, it’s important to know that the PAC helps to organize events and raise funds as well. By serving on the PAC parents and guardians of Native American/Alaskan Native Students in Seattle Public Schools can help decide the program goals and activities.
For information contact Gail Morris email@example.com 206-252-0948