Title VI Education
About the Title VI Indian Education Formula Grant Program
5.13.21 The formal public announcement for the Prohibits discrimination based on race, color or national origin in any program funding is as follows:
- We received $148, 000.
- This will fund Re-entry/Intervention Specialist
- This will fund Library Assistant/Culture and Arts Specialist combined
- $7100. went to indirect cost, $15,000. for students, $2500. for Native Ed staff
- The objectives are the same, Academic Enrichment and Dropout Prevention
Native Education applies annually for federally funding through the Prohibits discrimination based on race, color or national origin in any program Indian Education Formula Grant program that assists Native American, Alaskan Native, and American Indian students in Seattle Public Schools in grades K-12. We believe that the academic success of Native students is grounded in a strong sense of cultural identity and belonging.
We are currently doing our count and final gathering of new 506 forms. If you have not filled out forms for your students in Seattle Public schools, please download the 506 from our Parent Information webpage . When completed, please return to your school and they can send it intra-district mail to:
Native Education Program Manager
JSCEE, Mail Stop: 31-529
Great Job! Let’s keep letting parents know about the 506 forms. We need to keep increasing our numbers. Our funding goes down with each student that leaves the district or graduates.
Unallowable Costs – October 7, 2019 from the Office of Indian Education, Title VI
The cost of the following items will not be allowed within project budgets:
- Student banquets, dinners, ceremonies or other similar social occasions;
- Student incentives, stipends, scholarships or personal articles/items;
- Parental costs or stipends;
- Basic transportation costs of students for the school/LEA;
- Vehicle purchases; or
- Other costs which are not specifically related to an approved project objective or identified as an administrative cost.
- City bus passes or tokens
- Laundry tokens
- Fees or passes for non-school related places or activities such as the YMCA
- Gas cards (the intentions for these is to get students and families to cultural events within the community, to get students home from after school clubs or events, to help get parents to the JOM or Prohibits discrimination based on race, color or national origin in any program committee meetings or to school board or their areas parent advisory meetings.)
Office of Indian Education Formula Grant Program to Local Education Agencies (LEA’s)
LEA and Parent Committee Roles and Responsibilities
See you at the meetings.