Mission & Vision Statement
Seattle Public School nurses partner with families and communities to care for the health and well being of our students so they can thrive in school and in life.
Seattle Public School nurses commit to protect and promote our students’ physical and mental health. We value diversity, inclusion, and equity, and recognize the harmful health impacts from historical and present-day racism against Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) communities. We believe that eliminating racism and White Supremacy and improving health care equity demands continuous examination of biases in ourselves, our practice, and society.
Therefore, in support of the students, families, and communities we serve, we will:
- Build positive, trusting relationships with students to increase their sense of safety, belonging, and self-worth.
- Actively engage and partner with families and communities.
- Build a staff that is culturally respectful and reflects the students we serve.
- Review and revise our policies and practices to support health care equity among our students.
- Continually prioritize racial equity in professional development, decision-making, and resource allocation.
Through these actions we seek to promote the life-long health and fulfillment of every student in Seattle Public Schools.