Source Technical Tips
- Unable to log in
- I sent a request for a password or username reminder, but did not get a response
- Do you have a Firewall?
- Is Comcast your Internet Service Provider?
- Are you trying to log on from work?
- Are you using a Smart phone or mobile device?
- Managing Source Passwords Using Keychain Technology
- Assignment details out of order?
- Other possible issues:
- Server error 500:
- Still Having Problems?
Help with Accessing The Source
Please review the following to see if these tips help resolve your issue:
Unable to log in
- Clear the cache on your browser, close, reopen and try again. Or try a different browser. Make sure you have the most recent version of the browser installed.
- Confirm you are entering the correct username. Your parent/guardian username is the email address on the school record. Contact the school to confirm your email address.
- Students only enter the beginning of their username to log onto the Source.
- EXAMPLE: 1student Visit the Student Username and Password page to learn more.
- Parents, try resetting your password
- Students, ask a teacher or librarian to reset your password.
- Email email@example.com
I sent a request for a password or username reminder, but did not get a response
If you do not receive an email from Source Support inyour Inbox:
- Check your Spam and Trash folders.
- Contact the school to confirm your Source username and the email address on record at the school are the same. There may be a typo on the school record.
- If you still cannot reset your password, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Brief description of the problem
- Your full name
- Each student’s full name
- Each student’s 7 digit Seattle Public Schools student ID#
- The school each student attends
Do you have a Firewall?
If your Source log on page does not look like this, a firewall is blocking access:
Could your firewall, including a firewall on a router, be blocking thesevital ports?
- 443 (HTTPS)
If you’re not sure, please click the following link, or copy and paste it in the address field of your browser: https://psplugins.seattleschools.org:7443/
It should say: “It works!” on the page if the ports are not blocked. If you do not get this message, you will need to adjust your firewall settings to allow access to the ports.
Is Comcast your Internet Service Provider?
If you have a Comcast router with high security settings, you need to select Minimum Security (Low). Information from Comcast that may help you adjust your settings.
Please contact Comcast directly if you feel more comfortable having them walk you through this over the phone.
Are you trying to log on from work?
Some employers have security measures in place that may blockSource access. If trying to log on from work, please try using a mobile device. If you cannot connect using your mobile device while at work, make sure you are not connected to your employer’s WiFi.
Are you using a Smart phone or mobile device?
Please do not try to download the PowerSchool APP. It does not support Seattle Public Schools customization and resources. Instead, please use a supported browser such as Chrome or Firefox and the Source URL: http://ps.seattleschools.org
- Some Smart phone browsers are very new and not supported by the vendor. Please review the list of supported browsers below, Firefox and Chrome seem to work best.
- If you use Seattle Public Schools WiFi and have an old, stored password, you may need to clear it.
If you accidentally attempt to install the PowerSchool APP, please completely remove it from your phone. Android users may need to follow one of the two options below to remove the PowerSchool APP:
- From your Android select Settings , then APPs . Choose the Menu (3 Department of Technology Services on the top right) and select Reset APP preferences .
If the first suggestions does not work, try the following:
- From your Android select Settings , then APPs . Choose all APPs (on the extreme right), select Chrome , Clear Defaults.
Managing Source Passwords Using Keychain Technology
If you choose to use a Keychain to manage your Source password, at each log in, you may be asked if you would like to update the password. In order to use the stored password, you must select not now . Seattle Public Schools is unable to address problems parents and guardians may have with password storage software.
Assignment details out of order?
When using an iPhone to viewSource Grade Details, some users may notice their assignments are outof order. To resolve this, simply refresh the screen by clicking thecurved arrow symbol at the top of the screen, near the URL.
Other possible issues:
Do you have cookies enabled?
Cookies must be enabled for http://ps.seattleschools.org and redirects.
Is your browser up to date?
Make sure you are using the most recent version of your browser to ensure you can log in successfully.
NOTE: The vendor does not support Compatibility View on IE.
Server error 500:
This is an issue we have reported to the vendor. When the erroroccurs, the application may display details about the errors which wecannot control, however, there is no personal information disclosed inthat detail. If you get the message, please clear the cache on yourbrowser, close it, reopen and try again. Or try using a differentbrowser. These steps will typically resolve the problem. We hope the vendor hasa solution soon.
Still Having Problems?
If you are still having problems, please contact email@example.com