T-Mobile Explorer Prep Program
An Internship and Training Program
The 2023 application has closed. The 2024 application will open for 11th grade students in March 2024. Please feel free to reach out to us with any questions at email@example.com.
Explore your path! Seattle Public Schools, Seattle Colleges and T-Mobile are excited to offer an opportunity to fast-track careers in full-stack web development (software engineering and cybersecurity).
- Paid Summer Experience at T-Mobile (Summer after Junior Year)
- A recognized alternative course offered by colleges made available to high school More in Certificate Program with Seattle Colleges (Senior Year)
- Paid Summer Experience at T-Mobile (Summer after Senior Year)
- Complete Certificate Program with Seattle Colleges (First Year of College)
- Job Interview at T-Mobile
- Opportunity to continue your education (Bachelor’s degree) for free after 6-months of employment with T-Mobile.
Eligible students must commit to the successful completion of the following program steps:
- Complete your first career launch at T-Mobile during the summer between their junior and senior year of high school. (8 weeks, $20/hour, up to 40 hours per week)
- Complete one A recognized alternative course offered by colleges made available to high school More class per quarter during their senior year within the Full Stack Developer or Cybersecurity certificate programs at North Seattle College. (Academic Year)
- Complete a second paid internship at T-Mobile during the summer after graduating from high school. (8 weeks, $20/hour, up to 40 hours per week)
- Complete remaining career launch classes for the Full Stack Developer certificate at North Seattle College during the year following high school graduation.
- Upon completion of the Full Stack Developer certificate program, receive an interview for a position with T-Mobile as an Associate Engineer.
- Must be a current high school junior (grade 11) in the Seattle Public Schools District
- Must be 16 years of age or older by July 10, 2024.
- Must be interested in entering the workforce upon completion of the 2-Year program
- All T-Mobile employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19
*A recognized alternative course offered by colleges made available to high school More courses for this certificate can be taken at North Seattle College and Seattle Central College
How to Apply
The application will open in March 2024. To complete the application you will need:
- PDF version of your resume
- Be prepared to answer the following short questions (or similar questions):
- Briefly explain why this opportunity appeals to you and what you hope to get from this program.
- Please explain why entering the workforce immediately after completing this two-year Career Launch program is important to you and how it meets your personal and career goals.
- Tell us about a long-term goal you set for yourself and the steps you took, or are taking, to achieve it. Did the process for reaching your goal change along the way?
- If you need assistance with your resume or the questions above, contact your school’s Career Connected Learning Coordinator or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What is a Full Stack Developer?
- A Full Stack Developer is someone who works with the Back End — or server side — of the application as well as the Front End, or client side.
- Cybersecurity Specialists are able to anticipate and avoid cyber threats, protect an organization’s valuable data assets, and can gather, analyze, and present evidence of security breaches and incidents.
Why are these good career options?
- Fast track to an in-demand and high paying career
- Advancement opportunity with a global company that fosters career growth and ways to “move up”
- After 6 months of employment, you will have access to paid education benefits – opportunity to pursue a college degree paid for by the employer