Work Based Learning
What is Work Based Learning?
Sustained interactions with industry or community professionals in real workplace settings, to the extent practicable, or simulated environments at an educational institution that foster in-depth, firsthand engagement with the tasks required in a given career field, that are aligned to curriculum and instruction.
Types of Work Based Learning:
- Placement/Unpaid Internship (20 hour minimum)
- Placement/Paid Internship
- Career Research and Job Interview/Job Shadow in Course Related Area
- Guest Speaker Series (2 or more) with Assigned Career Mentors or Strucutred Field Trip to Related Job Site
- School Based Enterprise (student store)
- Apprenticeship Preparation Program/Registered Apprenticeship
- Health Care Clinic
- Course Related Service Learning Project