Student Records

Records Requests – Transferring Students

Note to Parent: In most cases, schools are responsible for requesting records for incoming transfer students.

If a school requires that parents/guardians provide a student’s records, reach out to the student’s most current school.

How other schools/districts should request records:

Reach out directly to the student’s last school. If you do not know who to contact, either

  1. Reference the General Contact List for Schools for the basic contact information for all schools OR
  2. Search for more specific contact information on a school’s website (i.e. Administrative Secretary or Data Registrar).
    1. School websites can be found via the  School Directory page.

When submitting your request, please make sure to include all of the necessary information that will help us fill the request in a timely manner:

  • Student’s Information
    • Full Name
    • Date of Birth
    • Student’s current grade level
  • Requesting School’s name and address
  • Requester’s name, title, email, phone number, fax number
  • List of Records being requested
  • Private Schools should also include a signed release form

Note: Seattle Public Schools (SPS) does not use the OSPI Student Records eXchange.

More information about records from SPS:

  • Special Education Records are managed in IEPOnline (IEPO). If a school does not subscribe to IEPO, Special Education Records requests should be sent to
  • Please email for Advanced Learning records.
  • If the student in question has significant health concerns, please have the family work with:
    1. Their medical provider to share information as needed and/or
    2. The nurse at the student’s former school directly if there is information managed by the school that needs to be shared.
  • If a certificate of immunization is needed, families should create an account on to access the immunization records for their student(s).
  • Copies of Birth Certificates will not be provided.