Skip To ContentSkip To Content

    Student records requests

    Provide page feedback



    The Student Records Office handles requests and verification/certification of official student records for students who have left the District more than 2 years previously.

    What do I need to do to get this service?

    The form and instructions can be found on the Seattle Public Schools Archived Student Records website or at the main reception desk at JSCEE. Requests for help filling out the form should be emailed to

    What is included?

    Official Student Records include documentation of student enrollment history and grade progression for all grades and schools (K-12), and are retained for 100 years after a student leaves the District. Records contain student name, academic year, and school attended, address, phone number, classes attended, grades earned, attendance record, grade level completed, year completed, etcetera.

    What are official student records?

    • High school transcripts prepared in accordance with WAC 392-415-070

    • Middle/junior high school academic history showing courses taken and grades earned

    • Elementary enrollment history and grade progression

    • Legacy records such as permanent record cards and teacher registers (prior to 1940’s)

    When is support for the service available?

    For general requests, the Student Records Office can assist Monday-Friday 9am-3:30pm.

    How long does it take to get the service?

    Responses to requests typically occur within 3-5 business days.

    How do I change or stop the service?

    For questions or requests concerning access or changes within the system, contact

    How much does the service cost?

    Current fees are found on the website and/or forms, and are updated every few years to reflect the costs to produce the records. The appeal process is free.


    Documentation for these services can be found on the Archived Student Records website.




    Return to top of page

    This is a new feature and we welcome your comments and suggestions.
    Please send any feedback for the site to