Hourly Building Rentals
Occasional uses, Parks Department uses and uses are under interagency joint use agreements in operating schools are handled through building use permits. Procedures for hourly space rentals are described in the link below under this Hourly Building Rental Section. Contact Hourly firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-252-0640. All facility use is cancelled when the facility/building is closed due to an emergency and/or inclement weather.
The Scheduling Calendar for use of SPS facilities is open to Community Scheduling for the current school year 2016-17. Please expect at least 15 working days to process online schedules for use of the requested facility.
Community Scheduling begins two weeks after school begins while District needs are being established. Some schools may take a little longer to confirm availability in order to establish their school's events for the new school year.
We only accept Checks or Money Orders. We do NOT accept cash or credit cards.
Upon receipt of an approved Schedule, the Building Rental Coordinator will review the Schedule to ensure that the request is in compliance with School Board policies. When all the following requirements are met, the online Schedule will be activated and an email notice sent to the contact person on the Schedule. Use of the facility is not authorized until the online Schedule has been changed to "Activated".
Community Nights in School Libraries Program
Low Cost Meeting Space For Community Groups and Organizations
(this option is not available for commercial or business organizations)
Seattle Public Schools and the City of Seattle have partnered to provide a program that offers inexpensive meeting space for community groups and nonprofit organizations. If you are a participant in the Community Nights Program, please follow directions below on how "to submit a building rentals reservation request as a Community User (Non-District, outside groups only)." When creating your User profile, please make sure under Organizations you select Group 1c - Community Nights. Open this PDF for more information on this program.
To submit a building rentals reservations request as a community user (non-district, outside groups only):
It is very important to read the information regarding building rentals prior to submitting an online schedule requesting use of Seattle Public Schools property.
Use of School Facilities Policy 4260
Use of School Facilities Procedure 4260SP
- Call the school first for availability and preliminary approval to use the facility.
- Online Scheduling Process:
Submit your room reservation request online through the SPS Community Use website
(If you need technical assistance in use of the SPS Community Use portal, please contact SchoolDude Tech Support at 1-877-868-3833)
- Submit an online Schedule at least fifteen (15) working days prior to the date of the event. A non-refundable administrative fee is due upon approval of Schedule. Filming activities require (18) eighteen working days & $50 non-refundable administrative fee. See fees and information in the Film Packet for Film/Still Photography below. Late Schedules may NOT be processed.
- The insurance certificate, total payment for fees, rent & services must be received before an online schedule is Activated for use of the facility by the District. Attach the certificate to the online schedule when reserving the space online schedule in SchoolDude.
- Payment should be mailed to: Seattle Public Schools, Building Rentals MS:23-311, Seattle WA 98124-1165.
- To ensure proper credit to your account, please include applicant's name (as on the online Schedule) and Schedule ID Number on the check.
- Once all the requirements are met, the online Schedule will be activated and notification sent to Applicant via email. Access to the facility is not authorized until the online schedule has been completely processed and changed to "Activated".
Attention: Community Users of Seattle Public School Facilities
As you may be aware, Seattle Public Schools requires insurance for use of its facilities by other than Seattle Public Schools staff and events. Proof of insurance is required to register to use facilities in the Community Use section of the Building Rental User Profile. If your group does not have its own liability insurance policy that meets Seattle Public Schools' requirements, you may purchase coverage for your event(s) through a program called the Tenant Users Liability Insurance Program (TULIP). For more information on this program, find out HERE.
How to update insurance information on a submitted schedule or an organization's profile in SchoolDude
Send the insurance certificate to email@example.com showing
Seattle Public Schools as the additional insured as follows:
Seattle Public Schools
Building Rentals MS: 23-311
PO Box 34165
Seattle WA 98124-1165
Provide the FS Schedule ID No. if a schedule was submitted in SchoolDude without attaching an updated insurance certificate to the schedule.
Heating and Cooling Set Points for SPS facilities
- Heating Set Point: 68 degrees
- Cooling Set Point: 76 degrees
- Heating Set Point: 65 degrees
- Cooling Set Point: 76 degrees
- Heating Set Point: 62 degrees
- Cooling Set Point: No mechanical cooling
Scheduling of School District Athletic Fields and Facilities
Click to go to Scheduling Athletic Fields and Facilities
Leasing in Operating Schools
Click to go to leases in operating schools forms and documents
Upcoming Child Care Request for Proposals